british pounds to pesos

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
not sure where to ask this question and the exchange rate is always in US. i have about 1500 pounds left over from a trip to england and was wondering if i should bring them down with me at months end or just get greenbacks.

got pretty beat up holding the pounds since last july. i bought 100p for 213 cdn. the bank will buy em back at 100p for 185 cdn:ermm:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
not sure where to ask this question and the exchange rate is always in US. i have about 1500 pounds left over from a trip to england and was wondering if i should bring them down with me at months end or just get greenbacks.

got pretty beat up holding the pounds since last july. i bought 100p for 213 cdn. the bank will buy em back at 100p for 185 cdn:ermm:

I would bring them especialy if your not going back to England anytime soon.

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
I would bring them especialy if your not going back to England anytime soon.

i was thinking that but its not like they take up a bunch of space in my garage.;);) my concern is that i will get an even crappier rate down there. from what i get reading the currency threads here is that the only cash that doesn't trade unfairly is the US$.

as an example, was the cdn dollar getting more pesos than a US$ when it reached $1.08 over the greenback

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Not sure of the answer to you question but there is a fairly new thread that gives the exchange rate to all the major currencies traded in the DR. I would treat the pounds like found money.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
i was thinking that but its not like they take up a bunch of space in my garage.;);) my concern is that i will get an even crappier rate down there. from what i get reading the currency threads here is that the only cash that doesn't trade unfairly is the US$.

as an example, was the cdn dollar getting more pesos than a US$ when it reached $1.08 over the greenback

IMHO GBPCAD has support at 1.7800, in other words, hold the Sterling, and spend it! Converting it to Loonies does not make sense.