Cheapest way to get from SDQ airport to Los Naranjos

touristy88

Jan 9, 2009
I'm a college student traveling to the DR and am flying into SDQ airport (cheapest flight), however, I've booked a hotel in Samana at Las Ballenas Escondidas. What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to my hotel without spending a great deal of money? My flight gets in at 4:40PM by the way. Sorry if this is a repeat, but I've been trying to sift through other threads to find the answer and nothing specifically addressed this route. Also, there was a discrepancy between some posts about when Caribe Tours stopped running. Thanks so much for any help!

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
the last caribe tour bus to samana leaves at 4 p.m. so you will need to find a hotel in santo domingo. the first leaves at 7 a.m. and to get out of the airport you would have to walk for a while or try to get into one of the buses that local people ride when they are going to pick up/ dropping off loved ones (I'm not sure if turist can do this).

What I would do is look into a one way rental of a compact car. I think when you factor in all the costs it may be the cheapest alternative. you should also look into a helicopter ride.