What kind of "biometric data" will I have to give BancoReservas in SDQ?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
The last time I was in Santo Domingo, I got money from my VISA card in the BancoReservas branch near Clarion Hotel with no problems. But , now there is this biometric data program in the DR. Can they process my biometric data profile in the BancoReseervas branch in SDQ or will I have to go to another location to get money from my VISA card with my passaprt? I also plan on opening a savings account at BancoReservas once I move to the DR permanently so I am sure they will need my passaport and biometric data profile to do that. I want to do my banking at BancoResevas since I know my money will be insured and guaranteed by the Dominican government. Is this biometric data program in the DR a big hassle for foreigners? I read also that next year that foreigners will be getting cedulas or some form of identification similar to cedulas.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ATM machines

The last time I was in Santo Domingo, I got money from my VISA card in the BancoReservas branch near Clarion Hotel with no problems. But , now there is this biometric data program in the DR. Can they process my biometric data profile in the BancoReseervas branch in SDQ or will I have to go to another location to get money from my VISA card with my passaprt? I also plan on opening a savings account at BancoReservas once I move to the DR permanently so I am sure they will need my passaport and biometric data profile to do that. I want to do my banking at BancoResevas since I know my money will be insured and guaranteed by the Dominican government. Is this biometric data program in the DR a big hassle for foreigners? I read also that next year that foreigners will be getting cedulas or some form of identification similar to cedulas.

You can just get money from the ATM machines --

I have heard something about the biometric project but would not hold my breath waiting for it to be implemented.

You can open a savings account at BanReservas with a foreign passport. For a credit card, you will need a cedula-- see the other strings for that..