Wedding planner in puerto plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricua0327

Jan 10, 2009
Hi im having a wedding party sometime in may in puerto plata and would like to know if anyone knows of any wedding planners in the area...being that i live in new jersey and wont be able to do much from here and my fiance isn't exactly good at the planning thing lol so if anyone knows someone please let me know it will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Reactions: mike l

Yogi78

Jan 18, 2011
Just call the hotel you are staying with...

I have to disagree with kingofbanff. On the recommendation above, I contacted Richard and got a quote. While he was friendly, prompt, and American, his estimate was VERY high. So, I then contacted the hotel I was staying with and arranged something with them. In the end, I paid less for everything I wanted (and then some) at the hotel than Richard's proposed coordination fee alone. Look, Richard is no dummy - if you aren't willing to negotiate with Dominicans, he's gonna make it cost you. But, then again, if you are afraid of Dominicans, why are you getting married in the Dominican? :cheeky:

So, in short, I would strongly encourage you to just contact wherever it is that you are staying and see what they can put together for you. My guess: it will come out easier, cheaper, and probably better as they have all the local connections.

Reactions: Ezequiel

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Wedding Services

Hi im having a wedding party sometime in may in puerto plata and would like to know if anyone knows of any wedding planners in the area...being that i live in new jersey and wont be able to do much from here and my fiance isn't exactly good at the planning thing lol so if anyone knows someone please let me know it will be greatly appreciated thank you.

We provide Wedding Planning and Services here in the Dominican in the winters and in Canada in the Summers. My website in Canada is Muskoka Weddings Resource Center and Muskoka Wedding Planning professionals. My dominican website is being redone at this moment.

I sent you a P.M. as well. We perhaps can help depending on you needs.

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
Actualy King of banf the person that plan Ace and Jen's wedding was at the time the director of the hotel Velero Beach Resort not Richard, but in the same time I thank you for appriciating my work even if it was a past forum.

kingofbanff

Jan 4, 2007
Cdnresident is partly correct. Mario, the manager of Velero at the time, did the planning for the actual ceremony and all the rooms. He and his staff did an awesome job. Velero is a great place to get married.

Rich planned the night before the wedding excursion and when heavy rains jeopardized that event, he arranged an alternative with 3 hours notice! He also arranged the transportation up to the Castle Club which is a magical place to have a reception.

alexandra01

Jan 28, 2011
Affairs of a dark mind

Whoever wrote this and used those terms is either a competitor or the guy that wanted a low cost beer and rum wedding and then asked for fine champagne. Out of the last 50 weddings only one person complained because he wanted optional services for free, and there`s the back stabbing manager that twisted her judgment because some people simply can`t take fair competition.

No wonder why so many wedding planners quit the job, here in the North coast there`s too many leeches that have no way of doing a professional job, and get ****ed when there`s someone that does it.

Ed does a good job, for the budget he gets paid. Whoever need proof, visit the office and request past files. This is the reason why 90% of planners here don`t do low budget weddings, lot of trouble, lot of work and so little money. We are actually about to quit on low budget events because we`re wasting our time with people that don`t deserve it in the most cases.

I could ask 99% of my clients to come into this forum and write a testimonial, but it`s just a waste of time. The only guy that was satisfied on his wedding night and then changed his mind when given the price of optional photos was the one that blackmailed us with a smearing campaign, I said go ahead and try. Pepsi, Coke, Burger King and many others have been victims of deranged individuals. A good brand name will always be the center of attention, thank you all.

Alexandra
PR Manager
Caribbean Weddings

alexandra01

Jan 28, 2011
Andrew Horan the Blackmailer from USA

NOTE FROM CARIBBEAN WEDDINGS:
This client was Andrew Horan, a guy that requested the lowest priced wedding and was so nervous that the florist was crying and the arrangement was not properly placed out of his up and close pressure, we had to do it all over.

He said the day after the wedding that he was satisfied, then when told about the price of optional photos, he changed his mind and told us he`d smear our name brand if I didn`t pay him $200 of extra photos.

This is clearly blackmailing, one day satisfied, next moment not happy. We just sent him an email you can read below:

Hello Andrew

I hope this email finds you well, I have been told by clients overseas that someone is criticizing our work in the web, obviously we have IP addresses traced and we know the sources. If you want to have it this way, I am contacting my lawyer in the States and will initiate legal proceedings against you for blackmailing me to get extra services for free.

We`ve had so many weddings, and the only person that told me everything was fine and then changed his mind to get extra services is you. Frankly, we`re dropping low cost weddings because it`s not worth it. Too much work and penny earnings. The florist was under too much pressure, I give you the photographer and the minister being late but if I was God I could`ve done some magic. If you have a team that delivers 99% and one day fail by minutes, what do you do? I`ll take your advice on this.

Kind regards

Ed

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Damage control

You can have 99% of happy customers and one unhappy camper,the worst thing to do is lose your selfcontol and get on the defensive!

The customer is always right btw

You blew it and made it even bigger,not very good business
Manu

alexandra01

Jan 28, 2011
This is the guy criticizing Ed, look at the photos and judge yourself if the tropical flowers looked like weed, and if he was "unhappy" at all. Flickr: caribbeanweddingsdr's Photostream seems very happy to me. The food cost was twice the budget and no surcharge was applied. It just doesn`t work, people just want more and more.

Alexa

Reactions: waytogo

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can have 99% of happy customers and one unhappy camper,the worst thing to do is lose your selfcontol and get on the defensive!

The customer is always right btw

You blew it and made it even bigger,not very good business
Manu

Mind your own business, why does this concern you?

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
wow
It does concern me, maybe ,because I may want to hire some one in the future
Thank you very much
Manu

Status
Not open for further replies.