Hotels in San Pedro?

luxaeterna

Sep 7, 2007
Are there any other comparable hotels to the Howard Johnson in San Pedro? Does anyone know if the HJ is still open? I came across an older thread saying it had been closed, and the website is not working for reservations.

Thanks!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Not sure if still open but the telephone numbers are:

809 529 2100
809 529 0113

There are no other hotels of a comparable standard. Most visitors to San Pedro stay in Juan Dolio - around 5 miles away.

Hotel Barcelo Capella
Hotel Coral Costa Caribe
Hotel barcelo Talanquera

Matilda

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
hotel in San Pedro

The name of the hotel that used to be Howard Johnson, is called the hotel Marcouris. I was there in Feb 08 and they were open, not sure of making reservations other then walk in , but is definitly the best option other then sting in Juan Dollio. If you go into Juan Dollio , go to the hotel Real, it is a nice hotel with a nice pool and close to the beach

MissionDoc

Dec 16, 2006
Stayed there in October 2008. Place was looking pretty run down. Lots of Dominican ball players staying there. The Howard Johnsons name isn't used officially anymore. The hotel itself is also being used for hospitality training with one of the nearby schools.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
I really like the real hotel in juan dollio , the pool is really nice and the people are great there . Now its no Embassy resorts or nothing like that , but it is a good place with reasonable prices to stay there ,and there is a great restaurant in front and just a walk to the beach