Lazy sunday Thread (pictures)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yesterday i was taken to sabana iglesia (to Don felipe's porperty) for a private party. Soon after i saw the sin meat being roasted, I took the decision to leave. we did spend a few minutes there by the man-made lake. Ate some fish locals were catching and cooking right on the spot. Wow, what a delicious fresh water fish.
Then we headed off to jarabacoa. So here are some of the pictures for your pleasure.
AZB

t5ka5d.jpg

presa bao in sabana iglesia.

346m45z.jpg

notice the jet-ski being towed in the back.

izu92u.jpg

sin meat being slowly roasted in natural wood fire.

10qh0yf.jpg

Chicken was also there but I wasn't going to wait around a few hours for it to cook.

2w1wrqr.jpg

2edcvu9.jpg

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
2ptw5md.jpg

enjoying eating fresh fish offered by the locals. This one guy caught like 20 plus small fishes in just 20 minutes (by net). he claims the lake is loaded with fish. You can catch as much as 50 - 100 fishes in one sweep alone.

2mfky10.jpg

local tigre pictured with his pet snake. Yikexxxxx!

dgw80.jpg

On the way to jarabacoa. these 2 tigres were removing a dead goat from some place and transporting it to somewhere else. I bet little of the goat was left when they reached to where ever they were going.

2w34awy.jpg

bananas growing in the backyard of someone's house.

2dvmmw9.jpg

new Cabanas being sold for 6 plus million pesos. Great summer getaway type homes.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Thanks for sharing AZB. Great pictures!

It reminds me of how much I miss being down there and how much I hate the winter up here in Canada!!!

Cheers
Erin

kobi23

Jan 1, 2002
houses

i believe these houses are the ones being built by a close freind of mine by the name of ferdnando bretton and his partner. i believe their building around 30 -60 of them.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i believe these houses are the ones being built by a close freind of mine by the name of ferdnando bretton and his partner. i believe their building around 30 -60 of them.

I don't think so. These types of cabanas are being built all over Jarabacoa. Almost all the owners are dominicans.
AZB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I think thats the only Negocio you can really make money in DR. Thats a pumping business that never sleeps!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think thats the only Negocio you can really make money in DR. Thats a pumping business that never sleeps!

Talldrink, i am not talking about cabanas turisticas. these are cabanas in the real sense. Weekend house up in the hills or summer homes.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Oh ok, so where are these located?

Any place that has a hill :) More so in and around Constanza and Jarabacoa.

Some of them are stunning and the owners have spent a fortune building them. As AZB said, 99% are Dominican owned and built.