Perdenales and Cabo Rojo Real Estate News

Feb 15, 2005
Through very good sources I have been notified that there are negotiations going on right at this moment for a large property purchase in the Cabo Rojo area of Pedernales. Which for those that are not familiar with the area is adjacent to the Bahia De Las Aguilas.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Through very good sources I have been notified that there are negotiations going on right at this moment for a large property purchase in the Cabo Rojo area of Pedernales. Which for those that are not familiar with the area is adjacent to the Bahia De Las Aguilas.

Cabo Rojo is a beautiful beach, its fine sand is incredibly white, it should be a must for those visiting Pedernales.

Feb 15, 2005
The negotiations would circumvent the land ownership and court issues existing with Bahia De Las Aguilas.
Property is still very inexpensive in Cabo Rojo

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
What does that mean "circumvent"?

The negotiations would circumvent the land ownership and court issues existing with Bahia De Las Aguilas.
Property is still very inexpensive in Cabo Rojo

Bahia de las Aguilas is, I believe, a national park, isn't it? What about Cabo Rojo? As I remember Cabo Rojo, it was just a small little beach with the cement factory at the other end. Perhaps the cement factory is for sale? I understand that they have not been producing cement for the last two years. And the other "industry" that they (the same owners as the cement factory) own down there is a "free trade zone" which just sorts out shipments of used clothing.... So,,, well -- some development of that area would be a great thing...

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Squatters

Word is around here at the east coast, all the "professional squatters" are packing up and leaving for that area.
Something is going on there...djungle drums...tamtamtam...

Feb 15, 2005
The negotiations are very serious and proposals have been exchanged already. Seems like there are pioneers who are looking to scoop up land as soon as possible with developers already inquiring about property in Cabo Rojo.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
Cabo Rojo and Playa de Las Aguilas, it would be very sad when they start tourism projects (like huge hotels) over there.
Still the Bauxite mine is working, at least I see them busy over there.
But nobody is thinking about the endemic animals over there? That the seaturtles come to Playa de Las Aguilas? Ok, they also have Oviedo, but less and less space for the animals.
We don't have enough beaches with hotels?
When they start constructing on Isla Saona? Also a nice place, worth to destroy it...just lets talk about money!
I am happy that I have seen that place without apartment-towers and hotel resorts.
Other point of view: To go to Playa de Las Aguilas (or Cabo Rojo) on a one day trip is nice. Also ok to stay a night in Pedernales and go another day to Pelempito.
If I think I would be a tourist and stay there for two weeks! What should I do? 2 weeks, just beach? Not very interesting. But a way to destroy the nature.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Bahia de las Aguilas is Protected

Don't worry about Bahia de las Aguilas, it is very well protected from development. Someone is always trying to sell that piece of land and it always gets stopped. And the new minister of the Environment is very serious about this. But I believe that Cabo Rojo is outside the confines of the park, isn't it?

The problem is that Pedernales is just so incredibly far away from anywhere. Lovely, but really far away.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
@Mountainannie

Thats it! Pedernales is "the end of the world". Really good locations around, but to stay there for holidays? But ok, sometimes you have tourists who enjoy Hotel-Pool, Hotel-Buffet, Hotel-Beach. And they have been in the DR and have seen nothing.

Cabo Rojo is not part of the nature park, but just around the corner. And that will have a big effect to the nature. I have visit Cabo Rojo/Bahia de Las Aguilas on 5th of January. Horror! The beach was full with garbidge. Bottles, Plastic and styropour all over! Long weekend! Dominicans are travelling. I will never understand what is so problematic to take the "basura" home?
If this will be developed now, and like always - nobody cares about the blackwater, what will happen?

Feb 15, 2005
There are engaging a group of eco-luxury developers for the project in Cabo Rojo. One thing for sure. The locals tend to not care for their beautiful beach. I believe that foreigners appreciate the beauty of these beaches alot more then the very own Dominican Locals.
If you build a eco-resort with proper guidelines, materials and with the blessing of eco associations like Caribbean Alliance for Sustainable Tourism (CAST) you can actually protect this beautiful beach.

Feb 15, 2005
The town of Pedernales is excellent and I find it to be much nicer than 80% of any other town. It is quiet, safe, excellent plaza where people go to at night, sit, have a beer and it's very very safe and relaxing. I have never seen another Plaza in any town in the Dominican Republic quite like Pedernales.