Cabana

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
There was an extensive thread years ago on cabana's. Time for an update in the interest of public information.
I have a "friend" that wants to visit one on the north coast area including Santiago. What's available in upper class?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Bora Bora is nice. I think around RD$600 for their basic room, which is nice.

Generally I found Cabanas in Santiago and North Coast in general to be far superior in terms of quality and value for money, than their counterparts in Santo Domingo.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The best

The best Cabana is no Cabana. Heart-shaped beds, mirrored ceilings, jacuzzis and all the Vegas smoky plasmas and mirrors will never compare to those immediate carnal urgings that serendipitously create fond memories in the most unlikely places.
On the other hand, I hear the first little place just east of Cabarete is pretty good (stories from my single friends).

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Another vote for Bora Bora.
Their basic (sencilla) is as nice as most any four star hotel can claim... the Presidential suites are quite unique... many styles available, at RD$ 1200 for 3 hours, if you want to flatter your date.

Bora Bora

... J-D.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The best Cabana is no Cabana. Heart-shaped beds, mirrored ceilings, jacuzzis and all the Vegas smoky plasmas and mirrors will never compare to those immediate carnal urgings that serendipitously create fond memories in the most unlikely places.
On the other hand, I hear the first little place just east of Cabarete is pretty good (stories from my single friends).

Remind me never to sit on your couch or lean on one of your porch railings. ....:glasses:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

Bora Bora is a palace in comparison to the Cabarete one... There are a lot of "kinky", weird cabanas, but some nice also and I have always preferred cabanas before hotels when travelling aorund in new places (with my girlfriend), the car and stuff locked in - feels safer. Before they were way cheaper than hotels also, but that is not the case anymore.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Bora Bora is nice. I think around RD$600 for their basic room, which is nice.

Generally I found Cabanas in Santiago and North Coast in general to be far superior in terms of quality and value for money, than their counterparts in Santo Domingo.

You should be more specific for a quote. Caba?as fees are based in hourly payment $600. Pesos are only four hours use but if you are staying over night you better go directly to the office and deal with the manager.

JJ

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The best Cabanas in the DR are on the road between the airport and entering Santiago, Bora Bora,Horus,Zeus,Venus etc... Some have theme rooms such as an oriental theme a western theme etc... And some good food also.

Speaking of names for cabanas: Most every place will have a cabana called "Venus", an obvious hint to the goddess of love. So, there's also one with that name on the mentioned strip on Duarte Hwy South of Santiago.
Then, there is also one called... "Jupiter"! :D Sure, we all forgot, Venus is a planet, so now, cabanas go by the names of planets :cheeky: and Jupiter is the bigger (biggest) planet so they got them "Venus"-folks flat out beaten! :bunny:

... J-D.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Speaking of names for cabanas: Most every place will have a cabana called "Venus", an obvious hint to the goddess of love. So, there's also one with that name on the mentioned strip on Duarte Hwy South of Santiago.
Then, there is also one called... "Jupiter"! :D Sure, we all forgot, Venus is a planet, so now, cabanas go by the names of planets :cheeky: and Jupiter is the bigger (biggest) planet so they got them "Venus"-folks flat out beaten! :bunny:

... J-D.

Well....as long as there isn't one called "Uranus".....we're good! :paranoid:

Oh come on....you knew SOMEONE was going to say it!!:nervous:

Reactions: Rocky

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I always get a kick out of it

when I'm passing through Santiago, and I see the sign for "Ethics" cabanas.:smoke:

miguelspencer

Jan 31, 2008
The worst caba?as are the ones up north San Pedro de Marcor?s on the way to Hato Mayor. Unless you like adventure, stay off!

Sep 19, 2005
there are three top end cabanas between STI and santiago on the Autopista.

Bora Bora is one with a large selection of rooms . They have a two floor suite with a monster jacuzzi, all nice mohagony funriture, curved staircase, plants, 4 foot tall paintings, sculptures, ect ect with a sitting room and a dining area plus a huge bathroom upstairs with the bedroom, fine tile or even marble through out!!...I think for about 1700 pesos!!

another big hotel is Horus, almost as nice if i remember right...i havent been in the top end roons in all of them

Zeus is decent and has some big rooms.

Eclipse is a good deal even though the rooms are smaller but have a full round bed with mirrors everywhere and run by Asians

the upper end rooms of the nicer Cabanas dont have mirrored cielings!!!.....

some cabanas have double rooms on either side of the garage..and are for couples , each to their own side....but generally they are not the upper end rooms

you should ask the price before you drive in...

and you can ask over the phone how much for the whole night....ask right away, once you have been there 3 hours you dont have much room to deal , they know you dont want to get dressed!!!!

the time of the night plyas a big role in how much it will cost you for the whole night, plus wether it is a weekend or weekday night

bad bob

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
There was an extensive thread years ago on cabana's. Time for an update in the interest of public information.
I have a "friend" that wants to visit one on the north coast area including Santiago. What's available in upper class?
What happened Alan, did Sue dump ya ;-)

Reactions: Rocky