Birth certificate authentication not in your country of residency ?

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Hello. Hopefully Mr. Guzman Ariza or someone else in the know will answer regarding birth certificate translations.

Can a birth certificate be translated and authenticated by the Dominican embassy in a country i have no residency ties with ?

That is any country outside of the D-R that has a Dominican embassy there, excluding my birth/residency country ?

Could i for instance have it translated and authenticated at the D-R embassy in Mexico-city since it is relatively closer for me right now ?

Could they also authenticate it ?

Will it suffice for provisional-residency purposes in the D-R ?

Thank-you.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i don't know if laws changed since then,
but for my own residency i brought my own german original birth certificate and it got translated/sealed/authenticated aso by my lawyer in st dgo without the use of any embassy.
Mike

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
i don't know if laws changed since then,
but for my own residency i brought my own german original birth certificate and it got translated/sealed/authenticated aso by my lawyer in st dgo without the use of any embassy.
Mike

Indeed the process has changed.

If only i could have had this done in Santo-Domingo like in the good old days.

If i could do this today in Mexico-city it would be at least half a comfort for me, but supposing the D-R embassy there would somehow authenticate it, who says it would suffice for them here once i apply ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mezclado, didn't you say you wer from morocco? i don't suppose there is a dominican embassy there and vice versa? you may have no choice but to authenticate it in usa or mexico, or whatever moroccan embassy is closest to DR.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
It is my understanding that, even when there is no embassy/consulate IN a particular country, a neighboring embassy/consulate will have jurisdiction for that particular country. To authenticate documents from a particular country it would seem logical to go to an embassy/consulate which has jurisdiction so that it can RECOGNIZE official papers (such as birth certificates).
The Dominican consulate in Mexico will most likely never have seen nor have the ways to interpret a birth certificate from the West Maghreb. How then would they "authenticate" it?

For Morocco, you might actually have to look for a consulate as far off as Spain or France... I don't know.
... J-D.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
It is my understanding that, even when there is no embassy/consulate IN a particular country, a neighboring embassy/consulate will have jurisdiction for that particular country. To authenticate documents from a particular country it would seem logical to go to an embassy/consulate which has jurisdiction so that it can RECOGNIZE official papers (such as birth certificates).
The Dominican consulate in Mexico will most likely never have seen nor have the ways to interpret a birth certificate from the West Maghreb. How then would they "authenticate" it?

For Morocco, you might actually have to look for a consulate as far off as Spain or France... I don't know.
... J-D.

<table id="{DACCEF36-9D6E-4551-A0B5-014B0A7B7200}-{C42E89DD-B4F0-49D3-A9BC-124FA4EC391B}" o:webquerysourcehref="http://www.serex.gov.do/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List={DACCEF36-9D6E-4551-A0B5-014B0A7B7200}&View={C42E89DD-B4F0-49D3-A9BC-124FA4EC391B}" class="ms-listviewtable" dir="None" summary="Gu?a Diplom?tica y Consular" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody id="titl1-1_" groupstring="%3b%23AFRICA%20Y%20MEDIO%20ORIENTE%3b%23"><tr><td colspan="100" class="ms-gb" nowrap="nowrap">Regi?n : AFRICA Y MEDIO ORIENTE ‎(5)</td></tr></tbody><tbody id="tbod1-1__" isloaded="true"><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr class=""><td class="ms-vh-group" width="10">
blank.gif
</td><td class="ms-vb-icon">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">NAIROBI</td><td class="ms-vb2">KENYA</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">ALEC WILDEMSTEIN</td><td class="ms-vb2">Jefe de Misi?n</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">Activo</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td></tr><tr class="ms-alternating"><td class="ms-vh-group" width="10">
blank.gif
</td><td class="ms-vb2">ACCRA</td><td class="ms-vb2">GHANA</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">Simon Anthony Saoud</td><td class="ms-vb2">Jefe de Misi?n</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">Proceso de Apertura</td><td class="ms-vb2">
blank.gif
</td><td class="ms-vb2">RABAT</td><td class="ms-vb2">MARRUECOS</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">Lamya Bensaid Glander</td><td class="ms-vb2">Jefe de Misi?n</td><td class="ms-vb2">206, Avenue Al Haour Hay Ryad-Sect.15 Rabat-Maroc</td><td class="ms-vb2">212- 37563838</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">212- 37563839</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">consulrepdom_maroc@yahoo.fr</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td></tr><tr class="ms-alternating"><td class="ms-vh-group" width="10">
blank.gif
</td><td class="ms-vb2">CASABLANCA</td><td class="ms-vb2">MARRUECOS</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">Yira Carrasco Pe?a</td><td class="ms-vb2">Jefe de Misi?n</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">yiracarrasco@yahoo.com</td><td class="ms-vb2">
blank.gif
</td><td class="ms-vb2">DAKAR</td><td class="ms-vb2">SENEGAL</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">Malick Sall</td><td class="ms-vb2">Jefe de Misi?n</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
ALL of these "consulates" listed however only have the status of a "Consulate Honorary". They may thus not be able to issue visas (need for Moroccan citizens to enter the DR!) or legalize/authenticate documents.

IF Morocco it is, this-> consulrepdom_maroc@yahoo.fr <- would seem the address to ask your question(s) to first.

... J-D.
<table style="width: 281px; height: 20px;" id="{DACCEF36-9D6E-4551-A0B5-014B0A7B7200}-{C42E89DD-B4F0-49D3-A9BC-124FA4EC391B}" o:webquerysourcehref="http://www.serex.gov.do/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List={DACCEF36-9D6E-4551-A0B5-014B0A7B7200}&View={C42E89DD-B4F0-49D3-A9BC-124FA4EC391B}" class="ms-listviewtable" dir="None" summary="Gu?a Diplom?tica y Consular" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody id="tbod1-1__" isloaded="true"><tr class=""></tr><tr class=""><td class="ms-vb2">
</td><td class="ms-vb2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
O.K. Thanks to all, the reason i asked was that a while back a guy from hungary told me that he sent his birth certificate to the D-R embassy in Florida to have it translated into Spanish and put the seal of approval by the Dominican embassy there.

Since i cannot travel to the U.S. i thought i could just as well have it translated to spanish at the Dominican embassy in Mexico (or some other close-by nation).

I now understand that he either was not telling the truth or he might have forgotten to mention that he was also a resident of the U.S.

I now understand from everyone here that a birth certificate (even one with my birth countries official apostille) cannot be authenticated at just any Dominican embassy in the world that i want, but has to be a Dominican embassy officialy responsible for my particular country.

Thank-you again, looks like it's time i returned home.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
If you haven't already left............be advised the Moroccan Government has closed its Embassy in Venezuela

No i'm still here until the end of the month, thanks for the concern....

BUT what difference does it make where the Moroccan embassy is, as i already said i have my birth certificate with me (with the Moroccan apostille), what i need is to go to the Dominican-embassy responsible for Morroco to translate my birth certificate to Spanish and put their seal of aproval on it.

Since the people above said i cannot do it in any country close to the D-R like i hoped i could, i'm returning home.

I originally asked if i could officialy translate my birth certificate to Spanish at the Dominican embassy in Mexico or somewhere close-by to the D-R for my provisional residency purposes in the D-R, and the overwhelming response was NO you cannot !

Luego.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I understand that but it doesn't hurt to make contact with your own Moroccan folks now they are here in the DR to see if they can find another way round the problem for you.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
I understand that but it doesn't hurt to make contact with your own Moroccan folks now they are here in the DR to see if they can find another way round the problem for you.

Maybe but...

The responders to this thread sounded pretty convincing this time and more importantly for me is that Senor Fabio. J. Guzman agreed with them.

but let me ask it differently so this thread will be more general for all future inquierers of the same question.

Let's say i was from Germany or Hungary and i was holding an official birth certificate in my hand with my countries apostille, could i have it translated and authenticated at any D-R embassy in the world, or more specificaly one nearby the D-R like in Florida or Mexico ?

Wouldn't it have to be done only at the Dominican embassy in Germany where i was hypotheticaly born ?