Barcelo Capella Beach Resort

L

Lisa Giannuzzi

Can anyone tell me about this resort?? I'm leaving for a 5 night stay in a few days but I've read some terrible reviews. Can anyone tell me different?? I'm not sure if I should change my plans. Please help!

Lisa

N

Natasha

Yep, the reviews of this resort aren't really all that glowing but then again everyone's expectations are different. For my Santo Domingo wedding two years ago, some of my wedding guests stayed at Capella and they enjoyed themselves tremendously. This is your basic 3 star resort, nothing more. Its beach isn't the greatest (compared to Boca Chica), but the resort itself is beautiful! The Coral Hamaca next door is always an exciting place that you may want to check out, just in case.

Regards,
Natasha

L

Lisa Giannuzzi

Natasha, thanks so much for your input. Can you recommend a better hotel within 45 mins of the airport??

Lisa

N

Natasha

The Coral Hamaca is practically right next to Las Americas airport; or do you mean another resort? The area of Juan Dolio has other resorts as well, but I am not all that familiar with them. Have you checked out Debbie's hotel reviews page?

Regards,
Natasha

D

DR1

I wouldn't rush into changing plans. The Capella is now operated by the Barcel? hotel group and should be well run. This hotel is quite a relaxing place, would be one of my top choices if I were to stay in Juan Dolio. And staying in Juan Dolio has its advantages that you are near La Romana and Boca Chica attractions, plus not too far for a day trip to Santo Domingo.