5 Single Guys (28) looking to book a trip to the DR in March

lexusis3

Jan 14, 2009
Hi, we are 5 28 yr old single guys from NYC looking to plan a trip to the DR in Mid March and hoping to gain some insight from the group. Thank you in advance!

1) Region/City which is populated with people our age (minimal honeymooners/families)?

2) Nice Hotel on the beach and again populated with people both other tourists and locals our around our age? Open to suggestions on AI hotels?

3) Nightlife - i.e. Bars/Clubs. We definitely want to go out at night and want to stay in an area with a good nearby nightlife?

I have read some good things about Cabarete & Sosua but am really interested to hear what recommendations you have?

I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks,
Michael

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
If you go to Juan Dolio you can always drive into the capital.
You can also stay near Santiago where you can also drive in as well.

Do a search on Sosua and you will see what that is about. If you are looking for chicas (de la noche) you will find what you are looking for in any hotel as long as you ask the right people.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The conventional wisdom of this board in regards to young adults seeking fun is Cabarete. Sosua is so close, it would be a simple matter to check it out too.

lexusis3

Jan 14, 2009
I have looked all over but a lot of the answers address obtaining "local" girls which we really interested in.... Just areas/hotels where singles and a younger crowd hang out along with bars/clubs, etc?

Thanks again,
Michael

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I have looked all over but a lot of the answers address obtaining "local" girls which we really interested in....

Michael... are or are not interested?

If not, then Cabarete meets all your requirements. Look at Viva Wyndham Tangerine. All Inclusive Caribbean Vacation Resorts in Dominican Republic - Viva Wyndham Tangerine You'd fly into Puerto Plata.

It's on Cabarete Bay within sight of the center of town where all the bars & nightlife are located. 8-10 minute walk to everything. Safe at night to walk. Very cool place for those under 30. And for those of us over 30, not so bad either.

Viva itself may or may not have a younger crowd inside the hotel, but unlike so many AI's it is not isolated. Walk right out on the beach or into town and you'll find a young crowd - locals and tourists.

More questions, just ask.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
are you 5 guys that don't speak spanish ? it makes a difference. i agree with the cabarete suggestion.

AI---can't "obtain" anything but a restless night :ermm:
Non AI---sky's the limit and you sleep good :laugh:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Hi, we are 5 28 yr old single guys from NYC looking to plan a trip to the DR in Mid March and hoping to gain some insight from the group. Thank you in advance!

1) Region/City which is populated with people our age (minimal honeymooners/families)?

2) Nice Hotel on the beach and again populated with people both other tourists and locals our around our age? Open to suggestions on AI hotels?

3) Nightlife - i.e. Bars/Clubs. We definitely want to go out at night and want to stay in an area with a good nearby nightlife?

I have read some good things about Cabarete & Sosua but am really interested to hear what recommendations you have?

Thanks,
Michael

First, welcome to DR1!

C'mon.

Five "single" dudes in their late 20s asking about Sosua?

They're looking for girls, as they are probably planning to lose their girlfriends just before the trip....:bunny::bunny::bunny:

You want the North Coast, which includes Sosua and Cabarete.

Spend your days and early evenings in Cabarete, your nights in Sosua. You'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Get out and see some of the things both towns have to offer.

Go to Rocky's in Sosua for the good food, great people and sound advice.

At the end of your trip, you'll have gotten a good tan, made tons of special friends of the opposite gender, and will be looking forward to your next trip. When you do that, I suggest getting out and seeing the country.

You'll find there's a lot more there than beach, Brugal and bikinis.

Have fun and be safe.

DRob:glasses:

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
For real nightlife you have to come to Santo Domingo. No other town compares to the capital's nightlife. Cabarete has numerous nightspots on the beach, but after one or two nights you've stopped by everywhere.

Santo Domingo has any kind of nightlife you are looking for from dance club, techno club, bar, street party, colmado, etc.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
If you decide on Cabarete, there are other offerings than AI's that can be good for a group. Villas tend to be a little more out of town, though there are a few on the bay - google 'Olas de Oro Cabarete" for perhaps some of the best on the bay.

Condos? Look for the names Velero, Palm Beach Condos at http://www.cabaretecondos.com, Ocean One, Harmony, or Ocean Dream http://www.oceandreamcabarete.com or http://www.oceanfrontcabarete.com . You can't really go wrong with any of those.

You've seen some mention of Sosua. It's less than 15 minutes by taxi (about US$20) any time day/night. You can take local transport there for about US$1, but you'll be crammed in a mini-van or car with a lot of people. Nothing wrong with it, a lot of people do it!

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Sounds like these guys should stay in Sosua. Find a nice "guest friendly" hotel near the beach and have some fun. Do a search on "guest friendly" and youll find the hotels that fit the requirements.

Reactions: wishingiwasthere

el santi

Mar 20, 2008

Thanks,
Michael

C'om
5 guys from NYC asking for advice here?
just go uptown to washington heights,
stop at any bar, restaurant, and talk to the Dominicans over there.
You'll get all the advice you need..

rush

Jan 22, 2005
I have looked all over but a lot of the answers address obtaining "local" girls which we really interested in.... Just areas/hotels where singles and a younger crowd hang out along with bars/clubs, etc?

Thanks again,
Michael

rush,

Threats are not permitted, any further such language may result in sanctions - suggest you read other threads and stay away from this one.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator: