Dominican Bank statement help needed

Sep 19, 2005
I get an email once in aw hile from my ex GFs bank. I had signed on the account so , if i had wanted to , i could make deposits into her account on line, since i was an authorized person on the account.

well her balance went to zilch at least a year ago... and she wasnt using the bank...

I noticed the account info , which i think was coming every six months and it looked like there was something going on ..every month... I was worried it was fees ..

so i told her about it, and asked her to check it out..

she says she did and that it isnt being charged..

Her sister works at the bank, but she asked another employee anyway.

I was affraid she was getting charged for having the account open and didnt know it!!!

well i see a new one recently...so I ll post some info about it here and see what you folks think

there is a line under the heading

Detalle de Movimientos
the dates are listed about the same day each month

08/07
07/08
08/09
08/10
11/11
08/12

then next to each date under a sub heading (descripcion)
there is the same words each month....

Aportes Obligatorios

then further over under the column $RD

is 595.00 for the first 2 months then it goes to 637.50 for sept through dec each month

then all the way to the right in the last column is

Cantidad de Cuotas

and they have numbers like

ect ect

then at the bottom of the field called Detalle de Movimientos is a line with:
rendimiento Absoluto del Periodo comprendido entre el 01/07/2008 y el 31/ 12/2008.................296.76

there is more.....

up top there is a line Saldo Inicial al 30/06/2008......$rd 1,912.83

does that mean she started with that much money or she OWED that much money????

I read here before where someone was being charged for havign an account with no funds, and they didnt know it for a long time

thanks

bad bad bob

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hope this helps:

Detalle de Movimientos account activity
Aportes Obligatorios bank charges
Cantidad de Cuotas probably another term for bank fees
rendimiento Absoluto appears to be net balance over the period stated
Saldo Inicial initial balance

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I would like to add that DR banks typically charge a monthly service fee. In fact after reading this thread I went and closed a Banreservas thread, good thing too because they were charging me like US60 a year for it - thanks for the reminder.

A

apostropheman

You closed a thread? :paranoid::cheeky:
I would like to add that DR banks typically charge a monthly service fee. In fact after reading this thread I went and closed a Banreservas thread, good thing too because they were charging me like US60 a year for it - thanks for the reminder.
Did you mysteriously get your Super Powers back? :D

Seriously, is it unusual to pay a monthly service charge in the DR for a bank account? It's been standard procedure for many years here in Canada...so it does not surprise me that a DR bank is also charging its customers for the privilege of using your money to make even more profit. :ermm::bunny::bunny:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Correction:

I would like to add that DR banks typically charge a monthly service fee. In fact after reading this thread I went and closed a Banreservas account, good thing too because they were charging me like US60 a year for it - thanks for the reminder.

Thanks

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Chip is right,
if you have a 'cuenta corriente' with ATM card aso you pay monthly service fees which sum up to around the mentioned US$60.- per year.
this is not the case if you have a savings account, but like my only saving accounts are in US currency i can not tell if it's different for a pesos savings account.
my business pesos account is a 'corriente' account(hey, how is such named in english?) and costs the fees, the bank doesn't pay you interests or such on your money there.
Mike