Electronic Money - no more paper cash or coins in the DR?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since it has been stated in this forum that the DR is moving to an all electronic currency system that will reduce fraud, corruption, block payments to illegals who try to work here while forcing them to return to their native countries, and allow the government to collect almost all taxes that are owed so they can reduce the very high import duties,I do have a few questions on how this could possibly work here. This scheme is one of the more fantastic things that has been set forth that will "come to be" here in the DR.

(The thought of motoconchos, guaguas and chimi vendors with wireless electronic money terminals makes me chuckle, but let us proceed).

For example, I was visiting with a relative that has concession selling snacks at a high school here. The students ( all under 18) would purchase chips, soda, candy etc.. How will they be able to purchase items with this all electronic system?

Will tourists only be able to use credit or debit cards to pay for anything?

All ATM machines throughout the country would be removed, correct?

How soon does the government plan to implement this new method of cashless currency?

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
You're in a complete fantasy world....How about some electricity first before electric money. Folks are complete idiots to think that the Rockefeller's NWO will function in La Republica....Maybe 200 years from now. Good Luck with that.

Reactions: AlaninDR