dm schools

K

Keith R

What do you mean by "DM"??? Perhaps you mean "DN", which refers to Districto Nacional, i.e., Santo Domingo??? In any event, as far as I know, there is no single uniform for all schools in any part of the DR. It varies from school to school. In general terms, boys wear black dress shoes, long slacks and (often white, but not always) shirts or tennis shirts with the school insignia above the heart, while girls wear more or less the same but with a skirt instead of pants. In most schools, tennis shoes and short skirts are not allowed. Don't what other schools say, but the one my twins went to also required white socks.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Keith

N

Natasha

In my years growing up in the DR, I went through the gamut of school uniforms, and I went to only ONE school all my life (K-12)! Primary school years were mostly plaids for girls and boys wore khaki pants with white shirts. Black shoes and white socks were required. At the secondary level, we got to wear, errrrr, solid colors...I suppose a rite of passage of sorts LOL.

Regards,
Natasha

S

Stina

I went to school in Puerto Plata and us girls wore a blue skirt with a short-sleeved white dress shirt. The boys had the same blue pants with the white shirt. Shoes had to be black, and all other accessories, like socks, hair ribbons and extra pullovers HAD to be white! There was a different sports uniform, a short pink skirt and a T-shirt with the schools logo in it. Our sports activities consisted more of chess than volleyball ;) On Fridays we could wear a shorter skirt and put on some red lipstick. Though sometimes "la directora" would come and wipe the lipstick away... :)

Stina

H

Hillbilly

Public School Uniforms

the official school uniform is light blue shirts with khaki pants or skirt.
Private schools seem to change their uniforms with the seasons-or at least it seems so if you are a parent and have to shell out hunderds of pesos every now and then..
HB