Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centre

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I have heard through the grapevine that there is a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centre operating in or around Sosua. Unfortunately, no one knew the name or phone number.
Can anyone confirm this and/or supply the information.
Thanks

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
I would also like any information on treatment centers, preferable on the North coast.

Dean

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The best known

and the only group that I know of who are working with addictions-
is Hogar Crea. There are lots of Dominican-Americans involved so English should not be a problem.

Hogar CREA Dominicano, Inc.

Seems to be a good program from talking with the guys who go around selling stuff to raise money for them.

Hope that helps.

Take it One day at a time.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Yes, thanks,

I know of this operation. The word I've heard is that it is a centre run by (I believe) a Swiss company. Anyone heard anything in that regard?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Hogar Crea is not Swiss related. It is a gov't sponsored (somewhat) institution 100% Dominican. Be wary of those selling in Hogares Crea's name, many are NOT legit. If their literature or buttons and whatnot is in English, it is not legit, at least not from the one in Puerto Plata, so the people at Hogar Crea tell me. There are over 50 centers scattered about the country. They do good work but almost all Dominicans, very few foreigners.
On the other hand, there is a long-established group of English speaking sober folks around Cabarete doing good work and if you'd like info please PM me. They are solid, whether it be drink or other substance abuse concerns.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
oh dear

I know that Hogar Crea is NOT Swiss run. The centre that I heard about is supposed to be run by Swiss.
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear.