resorts closest to Bonao

WaterWitch

Jan 18, 2009
Hi there--

My family is planning a trip to the Domincan Republic sometime this year or early next year. My husband's father lives in or very near to Bonao. Due to his living situation staying with him isn't really an option, and we'd like to make the trip more of an all-around vacation that it looks like we could find staying at a hotel in Bonao. My husband hasn't been to the DR since he was a little boy, so we really need some advice on how far away the major resorts are. Is it even feasible to stay on the coast and plan to visit Bonao for a day trip? We were looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I really can't tell how far of a drive that would be, or if resorts on the northern coasts are closer or far away. Some expert advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Forget Punta Cana it would be a 6 hour drive one way. You could stay in Puerto Plata but that would still be a 2 plus hour drive to Bonao. I would suggest a few days in Bonao at the Aquarius hotel in town, has a pool and nice rooms, Then take dad and the rest of the family to an all inclusive up in Puerto Plata for a long weekend.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Or you can stay in Boca Chica at the Hamaca wich is a resort, but that will be about a 1 and half drive.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Badpiece hits the nail on head. I know Bonao pretty well and there's NOTHING resort like in or around it. Better to gut it out and stay at the Aquarius for a few days, then bring the family to the beach.