pool deck materials

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I'm trying to decide on what to use for our pool deck. The material needs to be 1) not slippery when wet, 2)doesn't get too hot 3) attractive.

I was thinking of cement pavers, but I don't see them in the DR - are they sold here?

I know Coralina is good, but it's very expensive and I don't like the mold buildup.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. - D

mikyla

May 1, 2011
Pool decks are an important part of swimming pool plan. Because you?ll probably spend as much, or more, time lounging around the swimming pool than you do actually playing in it, you need lots of space for entertaining, sunbathing, and just hanging out. One of the things to take into consideration when designing your pool deck are materials ? there are numerous materials appropriate for pool decks, so you can do something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing to you. We have poured concrete, wood, composite materials, stone, concrete pavers and tile decks. When it comes down to is personal preference and budget considerations.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Look into a company named Menicucci. They make outdoor cement type tiles that have grooves for drainage and are not so smooth to cause slipping. They are not cheap. I have them all around my pool in Santo Domingo.

rottweiler

Jul 17, 2010
call tejatec sosua 8095711278 ask for tio he can help there have original concret pavers and tiles

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just pointing out that Danny asked this question over two years ago ....... I'm sure the pool deck is ancient history and he's enjoying it right now:p

AE

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just pointing out that Danny asked this question over two years ago ....... I'm sure the pool deck is ancient history and he's enjoying it right now:p

AE

Good catch. Since the poster that revived it is a first timer, looks like he was trolling the archives looking for something he could use to advertise his business.