Suggestions on filing out Canadian PR application

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Reading this is really encouraging. I have been with my Dominican for 2 yrs and we will be married May 9. On my last visit we filled out the immigration package together, just so I could get myself organized and that if there were any mistakes I could get them corrected when I go back for the wedding. I would like to have the whole thing sent off as soon as I get back in June. I filled out his section too as his english isn't that great and his handwriting is not that great either. Anyone know if there is a problem with this? Anyone have any more tips as to make sure that it goes as smooth as possible?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Going by what others have written don't get his medical done too soon because it's only good for a year and most expire while in the process and have to take another one.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
It is no problem for you to fill out the forms for your husband and get him to sign them. I am sure they prefer it if his writing isn't very good. Make sure you read and re-read and then re-read the application to make sure you leave nothing out!! Good Luck!

Johana

May 24, 2006
I filled out the forms for my husband (he says I print neater :) ) and there were no issues with that. I did it the day after the wedding so that all his info was as current as the wedding and all his signatures were dated after the wedding.

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Johana is correct.
My reco is that he go get his medical and police documents the week before the wedding. It would only take a few days, and if you get the translations done there that too only took us 2 days. This way you have only lost appx a week on its timing before you return home.

As for forms, i did the same thing the girls did. we had our forms filled out way in advance in pencil and i took it home and made sure i had everything etc. When i came back for the wedding, we reviewed once again and then filled it out in pen and he signed with a post wedding date.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
We did my husband's medicals right before I was to leave to come home - that way we weren't sitting on them with the time clock already going. Don't get them done too far in advance!

Johana

May 24, 2006
My husband did his medical a week after the wedding and set me the papers UPS. At the time I printed off the information there was not a doctor in Puerto Plata for the medicals and we didn't want to spend a day travelling back and forth to Santo Domingo. What held me up the most was my letter from my employer regarding my position and salary.

Like Lexi we didn't want the medicals started way in advance of sending in the application.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
So, you cant fill out the forms online then print it?? cus i guess i saw those filliable forms

or it have to be done hand writing??

Johana

May 24, 2006
Santiago,

I looked at filling the forms online - but did not have all my husband's information on hand - so it was easier to bring the papers and sit down together and fill everything out. I didn't want mine done one way and his another (but that's just me :))

As long as all the forms are signed it will be ok to fill them in and print them out. The website only indicates that the forms need to be filled out completely not that they need to be handwritten.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
i used the fillable forms online but in most cases we had much more to write then would fit in the boxes.

my husband emailed me his answers and we edited them for spelling etc.

i copied & pasted his answers into the forms but mostly i just said "please see attached" and then attached a word document typed out with the full answers.

i then sent the forms down with a friend for him to sign.
he had his medical, police and passport ready with the signed forms just before we sent in the application.