New Overstay Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I believe these are just now starting to be applied.

See the attached PDF for the fee schedule.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Wow! I recently returned to the states - having stayed 60 + days and paid RD300 - now it's 800?

And this last time instead of collecting it at the window I was sent into an office to pay and even given a receipt.

When will this be in effect?

Thanks.
drro

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Everytime I overstay they try to collect at adueanas. especially in STI:eek:gre:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Taking the kids to Disneyworld in May/June, guess I?ll be paying but I definitely will be taking a copy of the cost table with me....in case I am told differently (you know how it is)
SHALENA

Geez, I just realized I?m an illegal immigrant jajaja

Reactions: mike l

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Just like EVERYTHING

..........Dominican.............

A MISTAKE..............

The English portion for 9000RD should be for 2.5 to 3 years.........and it says 2 to 5 years..............

......BUT why should we expect anything less............:cheeky::cheeky:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
nothing to expect,
all those fees are IMO much, and very much tooo low.
why???
hey, illegally overstaying is much cheaper than doing the by law required legal papers, and i sure completely disagree to such stu.. cheap fees, even without any further legal follow ups.
be serious guys, go and overstay a visitor visa in the european union or in the US or wherever by 1 year or such and tell me you finally get away with a few bucks in your hand, not taken in custody at any moment and not even black listed in that country, you can come back on the next flight and you will be welcome??????
the fees are a joke.
Mike

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
We are in complete agreement re these rates being too low Mike but I take the scenario a step further. IF the Government insist on allowing payments for extended stay beyond the tourist visas presently allowed, then the person overstaying the 'tourist period allowed' should apply for an extended visa PRIOR TO LEAVING - i.e as soon as the Tourist Visa runs out!

If the Government (et al) are happy to repatriate any Haitian they consider illegal (albeit that Haitian is here doing a job of work & by agreement with his employer but does not have the right paperwork) then the SAME repatriation should be inflicted on those who have not applied for extended visas!!

Let's try to put immigration on to a level field & INSIST on visa fees being paid UP FRONT rather than at 'end of stay'! ~ Grahame.

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
agreement on the upfront payment.
still rates should be higher, much higher.
the fact of low 'joking' fees just animate everybody to do it that way.
i would not compare a visitor who(hey, that's by far not the fact for every visitor, just an extreme example which fits in the same shoe of the theme) comes over to hang out for several months on the streets to a haitian construction workere who is (even illegally may be) here to do a job for which he is needed, or who the heck else would build the roof on that new hotel here?
Mike

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
agreement on the upfront payment.
still rates should be higher, much higher.
the fact of low 'joking' fees just animate everybody to do it that way.
i would not compare a visitor who(hey, that's by far not the fact for every visitor, just an extreme example which fits in the same shoe of the theme) comes over to hang out for several months on the streets to a haitian construction workere who is (even illegally may be) here to do a job for which he is needed, or who the heck else would build the roof on that new hotel here?
Mike

Laws take time to change or invoke.

I think 2 years ago they made a law that it was illegal to drink and drive....for the first time in history in this country. I believe I read that the Police (Amet), were given sobrietary checking devices and i have never heard a story about the results if any.

Now, this new helmet law, is so aggrivating I am going to drive my scooter all the way to Capital and protest.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right Mike,
changes of former usual behaviors need their time to take place.
but back to the original theme about the overstaying fees.
i would see it as a better system to sell "Visitor cards" for different time periods of up to 1 year right upon arrival at the custom's area, lets say cards valid for 3 months, 6 months and 12 months. non resident visitors anyways ned to own a return ticket when they arrive, so those cards should be sold for the time period shown by the return ticket. but the rates should be compared to the costs of a residency def higher. i.e. take $200.- for 3 months, $300.- for 6 months and $400.- for a full year.such would be hassle free and could be done without a huge amount of extra work for customs.
Mike

Reactions: FernieBee

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
After some research I found a chart of overstay fees, but I don't know if it is up to date. Could someone guide me to the most recent fees, please?
Thanks, Judy

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
After some research I found a chart of overstay fees, but I don't know if it is up to date. Could someone guide me to the most recent fees, please?
Thanks, Judy

Look at the PDF link on post#1. Just save the file to read all the time or open the file to read once
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.