barcelo bavaro beach resort

T

Tracey

I just booked a trip to punta cana and i will be staying at the barcelo bavaro beach resort..can anyone give me any info on the place..has anyone stayed there, also i don't speak any spanish..will this be a problem? Please help!!

D

DR1

Not knowing Spanish will not be a problem. Note that many guests staying at the hotel come from France and Germany, and are not Spanish speaking, either. Most of the staff you will be dealing with will know English. You can also bring a small Spanish-English dictionary. This hotel has been frequently reviewed in our resort data base.

This hotel is located on one of the loveliest beaches in the world, so we strongly suggest you bring lots of sun screen as you will be spending lots of your time outdoors. Also, please refer to our health page (www.dr1.com/health.htm) that alerts vacationers to avoid drinking and eating excesses.

R

Roxanne Hall

Learn the basic phrases as I was there a few weeks ago and was quite surprised with the inability of the staff to understand basic English phrases! Your tour agent will most likely provide you with a guide book that lists some of the basics of the Spanish language that will help!
Take in the grill restaurant by the beach! It's delicious!
Enjoy your trip!