Driving time from Las Terrenas to Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

crenshore

Jan 13, 2004
Anyone have any idea how long it would take to drive from Las Terrenas to Santiago, and what's the best route to take? Thanks.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Anyone have any idea how long it would take to drive from Las Terrenas to Santiago, and what's the best route to take? Thanks.

Since you haven't received a reply yet, I'll take a crack at it.

1. Take the very long route by heading west on Rt5 all the way thru Nagua, Rio San Juan, Sosua, Puerto Plata down towards Navarette hook a left towards Santiago. How Long?? Yeesh it could be more than 4hrs.

or

2. Take Rt5 to Sabaneta de Yasica, look for the MOCA sign and take that mountain road thru Jamao and you should see a sign near MOCA that says Moca or Santiago, take Santiago and Wahlah you are there.

Sr Arturo

Jan 20, 2009
Ricardo nailed it.. Take the turn from Sabeneta over the hump to Moca. From there its just straight in to the east side of Santiago. Brings you out right at the "National" grocery store

crenshore

Jan 13, 2004
How about via Nagua/San Francisco

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at a map and the route via Nagua, then route 132 to S. Francisco de Macoris and then Moca seems shorter. is it quicker? Also, how long does the second route Ricardo mentioned take? Thanks.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
the Moca Rd. to Santiago

On the Moca Road when you come down from the hills to the corner where there is a gas station - we have been turning left and then later another right and come in to Santiago on the Duarte Highway after turning left at Rafael Vidal. How do you go that brings you in by the Nacional Supermarket? Seems like a much quicker way.

terrenero

Mar 25, 2006
Best route to Santiago

Las Terrenas to Sanchez, Sanchez to Nagua, Nagua to San Francisco, once in San Francisco keep going straight (do not turn right) at the University, then go 1 mile to the Texaco gas station and turn left as if going to Santo Domingo. At the next light turn right (there?s a tire repair shop on your left), go straight and that will take you to a little park, the intersection with the main road going to Autopista Duarte. Turn left as if you?re goint to Santo Domingo. Keep on that NEW road until you hit the main Highway 1 (autopista Duarte), follow right toward Santiago. That route affords you the most time on highway and new roads. The section Nagua to San Francisco is the most curvy one and with the most pot holes as well, but you?ll skip mountains. I?ve done it in 3 hrs or 3.5 hours, but I have a high truck.

terrenero

Mar 25, 2006
Also, if you want to play it safe, there are 3 buses that depart Las Terrenas for Santiago everyday, from the cemetery intersection. Just follow them and they follow the route I described before.

Sr Arturo

Jan 20, 2009
slipstream the bus

Also, if you want to play it safe, there are 3 buses that depart Las Terrenas for Santiago everyday, from the cemetery intersection. Just follow them and they follow the route I described before.

Yeah...I like the idea of following the bus...idiotic or not, one could rest assured that everyone, everything... in fact...everything alive, dead or otherwise would be cleared off of the road...lmao:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.