Ochoa Hogar closing doors for good?

canuckgirl

Nov 1, 2007
I was in Ochoa Hogar at the International Plaza, Santiago yesterday and was shocked to see that the store is half empty, with a few messy piles of items here and there and liquidation signs everywhere. It sure looks like this place is closing it's doors very soon. Does anyone know what is going on? It would be a real shame to lose such a beautiful store. Any updates would be welcome.

canuckgirl

Nov 1, 2007
That's a relief to hear. Thank you. Is Jumbo Mall in Santiago as well? Can you give me a general idea as to its whereabouts? Greatly appreciate the assistance.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It is properly called "Las Colinas Mall" and as one would expect, it is in Las Colinas. It is on the 27 de Febrero most of the way to the traffic circle you would use if going to Navarette or Puerto Plata.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
MrMike,
Thank you for your response, for us new expats, do you know where we can find a map of Santiago, in order to plot out all these stores for reference??? I saw one that was platicied years ago, but have been looking for one since then.
Thanks for your help.

It is properly called "Las Colinas Mall" and as one would expect, it is in Las Colinas. It is on the 27 de Febrero most of the way to the traffic circle you would use if going to Navarette or Puerto Plata.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
MrMike,
Thank you for your response, for us new expats, do you know where we can find a map of Santiago, in order to plot out all these stores for reference??? I saw one that was platicied years ago, but have been looking for one since then.
Thanks for your help.

You can get a physical map in the store that is next to the Aloha Sol hotel towards the pizza hut on Calle del Sol or the one online is pretty good.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Maps

MrMike,
Thanks for your help.

There are very nice maps of Santiago in the bookstore at Nacional on Sadhala.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I havent looked at a map in a long time, basically in the 9 years since I've been here in Santiago I haven't needed to get anywhere that wasnt on (or a stones throw from) 27 de Febrero, Juan Pablo Duarte, or Estrella Sadhala. I imagine that at least 80% of Santiago life happens within shouting distance of one of these 3 streets.

To a lesser degree Bartolome Colon, Calle del Sol, La Circumvalacion and Las Carreras are good places to know as well.