Any news? Re- members waiting for Visa to Canada

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
From those of us who are waiting, just wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL???

Fireman - any news for you??

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
None here, got our MP involved and hope to hear from her tomorrow on an update...... Will post here if any progress

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Hi Laurar

Updates...sent in more documents that were requested (primary school documents, I thought they were joking when they asked for those), had her medical redone for it was expired..

MP is involved

14 months and waiting...I visit a fair bit so I am lucky that way

thanks for asking and I hope we are all with our loved ones soon

FM

Johana

May 24, 2006
FM,

glad you got your MP involved - can't believe they are stuck on her primary school records. I hope that this round of documents will finally statisfy them and that your wife is here with you soon!!!!

Jo

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Hi Laurar..

We have heard nothing on my husbands daughter. There is not much to prove and do for immigration in regards to her paper work. So, I have no idea what the wait is. While waiting for immigration 2 yrs ago for my husband I started to fill the closet with new clothes, shoes and bathroom supplies. It helped me when I was feeling like the process was never going to end. I could go in our room and look at his clothes and knew he would be here soon. We now have done the same for his daughter. Her room is complete. The toys are bought. The dresses are hanging. When Jose is feeling the frustration of the wait I send him into her room and it seems to cheer him up knowing it's just time. It's these times that we grow in our strength, make new friends and help each other that make this all worth it!

Take Care
Sandy

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
I had an update today. they said we dont have to do anything but wait, they got all the documents they needed and she can expect to have to redo her medicals and go for an interview. i also sent yesterday my request for the CAIPS notes.

we are going to have 1 year next month (february 12th). lets see what else happens

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
I had an update today. they said we dont have to do anything but wait, they got all the documents they needed and she can expect to have to redo her medicals and go for an interview. i also sent yesterday my request for the CAIPS notes.

we are going to have 1 year next month (february 12th). lets see what else happens

How did you get your update if you don't mind me asking ?

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
sorry guys i didnt come here earlier. the thing is that every time i come here i remember how long ago i started this process and i was really eager and excited thinking it was going to be done in 8 months but thats not the case... and i see all the problems we go through and it makes me feel bad.... just waiting and waiting...

i got my update through my MP in montreal.... i also sent the request for the caips wednesday and lets see how it comes out so i can see what they would be looking for in an interview

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
when i said 1 year in my before last post i mean in the process, not married... we married Dec 29th 2007 and ourprocess started in feb 12th 08.

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
fair?

Is it just me or does it seem if its a Canadian man sponsoring his wife the process seems to take forever..they ask for things that are just crazy..just a comment..seems us ladies have it a little easier! ;)

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
FM & Carlos - OMG is it ever taking your cases forever - it is driving me mad let alone how you two must be feeling!! I really hope you hear something positive soon!!!!
I hope ordering the CAIPS notes will give you a heads up on what they are holding back on. Keep us informed - we really are rooting for you guys!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Is it just me or does it seem if its a Canadian man sponsoring his wife the process seems to take forever..they ask for things that are just crazy..just a comment..seems us ladies have it a little easier! ;)

Yris and I had absolutely no problem. Nothing extra asked for, no interview, took 8 months total. Perhaps because she every document required for both her and her son, was a professional of good standing in her community, and had an established business. I'm not sure if that makes any difference, but if the spouse that you are trying to bring to Canada is lacking education, money, or a big difference in age...etc I'm sure they look closer to see if the relationship in genuine.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
nothing for us yet...still no AOR letter either

we are just at the 6 month mark too so not really expecting anything yet...hopefully it wont be too long though :paranoid:

we will probably order the caips notes soon too...at least then we will know the next time they are going to review the file...that will give us something to look forward to!

sangria

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi!

I contacted my MP (by the way I'm in Montreal like Carlos) last Friday for the 1st time. She was very resourceful. She got back to me on Monday morning. She gave me every single detail about my case... So whoever is working on my file in Ha?ti has only one thing left to do: decide whether an interview is necessary or not. She said I should get further instructions before the end of next month, assuming the agent working on my application is not sleeping on the job. On Dec 12th my documents were reviewed for the last time ( that's what they call the ''callback date"). According to what my MP said, once you get to that date it also means the embassy is done with the analysis... So we're waiting for the call either for the interview or ''the pick-up''

I'll keep you posted!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Yeah!!

MBG you must be thrilled!

It is so nice that you were able to get some answers!!

Keep us posted because hopefully we will start getting some news soon too!!

Sangria

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Omgosh, that is wonderful news! Your MP was amazing to get all that info so quickly and not brush you off, I had contacted mine just to ask a question and she seemed like a real stick in the mud. I hope you hear soon.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi Sangria and Laurar!

You got that right! I AM THRILLED!

My MP seemed eager to help from the second I started talking...I thought she was going ti get back to me within a week or so without much... but in less than 24h with details.
Now that I have a little time I'll explain: The CIC website says my application was IN PROCESS since June 17th (My MP says , the embassy agent actually opened my file on July 21st). The extra documents I had to send were received on Sept. 29th (My MP states it was opened on Oct.17th). So like I said, things depend on the kind of agent working on the process. I'm glad my MP replied so soon with much more than I expected.
I'm crossing my fingers for all of you to hear something soon too!

Talk to you soon!

And thanks ( I know you guys are feeling it as it were you)!

MBG

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Question for those who have contacted your MP, how did you contact them ( phone, email, in person ) ?

It's been a week since our MP emailed them and no response..... They are trying again today.