caves of cabarete still open

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
With all the stuff going on in the Callejon de la Loma, the people at the caves want everyone to know they are still open for eco-tours.....so if you don't have anything to do for an afternoon why not go down and have a visit with July-Jose, or Levis
Hammerdown

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I know of a few people who have been recently and thoroughly enjoyed the experience- its not promoted that well though

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Can you provide a little more information about the caves for those of us who are not at all familiar with them.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
The caves are located in the Callejon de la Loma, to get there you take the street across from the Ocean Dream plaza and go down the road about 1.5km... you will see a little stand office that acts as the start of the tour....the guides explain about the plants, animals, and history of the DR, and you also tour 4 different caves....takes about 2hrs and is extremely informative....I used to guide there, and its a good educational tour....its something to do when its raining...and let the guys know you got the info from DR1
hammerdown
ps if you need more info let me know

aross

Nov 15, 2007
The caves are located in the Callejon de la Loma, to get there you take the street across from the Ocean Dream plaza and go down the road about 1.5km... you will see a little stand office that acts as the start of the tour....the guides explain about the plants, animals, and history of the DR, and you also tour 4 different caves....takes about 2hrs and is extremely informative....I used to guide there, and its a good educational tour....its something to do when its raining...and let the guys know you got the info from DR1
hammerdown
ps if you need more info let me know

Any idea of the cost per person?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I took my sister & her kids to the caves a few years ago... the tour guide was excellent and it was a fully enjoyable tour. The kids loved it. The caves themselves aren't all that impressive, but the information provided by the guide about animals, ecology, and some history of the island was well worth the tour. Something diff't from being at the beach, and so close to town.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
If you go by yourself it's $3-5US. Depends on how the feel and how busy they are. If you go with a tour group it's much more. It's a nice fun day and great for kids. Nice change from the beach.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Thanks alot guys! I'm going to be in the area next month and will certainly take in a tour of the caves.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
guided tours are 15US, gives access to the park, and the caves, if you are a cheapskate you can pay 30 pesos to the national park guards to go into the mountains, but that does not include any caves or entrance into the botanical garden.....and does not allow you to go into private property, so keep on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.