EdNorte electrical rate

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Can someone post the current electrical rate scale EdNorte uses?

I understand it is still over 700 Kwh that they charge the highest rate for all Kwhs,but I would like to see the other levels and costs.

Thanks

Gary

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I am taking these from my last Edenorte bills.

Small place in town Sosua, not being used but with ONLY two fans on low; 31 days. (small inverter)
Base charge: 108.65 RD
31 kWh X RD 4.28 132.68 RD RD 241.33 Total.

Home with apts. in Playa Chiquita. 31 days.
Base charge: 108.65 RD
1,708 kWh X 8.57 14,637.56 RD RD 14,746.21 Total

If you are in an area with grid problems and using battery/inverter, the batteries require LOTS of recharge power and will run the bill up. I use a wind generator to help charge the batteries for main home.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Can someone post the current electrical rate scale EdNorte uses?

I understand it is still over 700 Kwh that they charge the highest rate for all Kwhs,but I would like to see the other levels and costs.

Thanks

Gary

In the condos I pay the electrical bills each month. It appears that over 700 kwh they charge the whole bill at 7.9 pesos per kwh. It happened once when the water pump float switch did not shut the pump off and ran :angry: the bill to 710 kwh.

The two?:ermm: rates that are in these condos are - 31 days @ 108.65 pesos on both but the kwh rate a a little different.

One rate is - up to 75 kwh @ 3.12 pesos, next 125 kwh @ 3.12 pesos, next 100 kwh @ 4.71 pesos and over 200 kwh @ 7.0 pesos.

Another apartment pays - up to 75 kwh @ 4.28 pesos, next 125 kwh @ 4.28 pesos, next 100 kwh @ 5.13 pesos and over 200 kwh @ 7.9 pesos.

Feb 7, 2007
One rate is - up to 75 kwh @ 3.12 pesos, next 125 kwh @ 3.12 pesos, next 100 kwh @ 4.71 pesos and over 200 kwh @ 7.0 pesos.

Another apartment pays - up to 75 kwh @ 4.28 pesos, next 125 kwh @ 4.28 pesos, next 100 kwh @ 5.13 pesos and over 200 kwh @ 7.9 pesos.

On one apartment you have BTS1 rate and on the second one you have BTS2 rate. You can check that comparing to your invoice as well. Says Tarifa: BTS1 or BTS2. If they are in the same building, you should check what tarifa other people have, and if most people have BTS1 you should go to the electric company and request a change or ask for explanation.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
It's like beating your head against the wall.

On one apartment you have BTS1 rate and on the second one you have BTS2 rate. You can check that comparing to your invoice as well. Says Tarifa: BTS1 or BTS2. If they are in the same building, you should check what tarifa other people have, and if most people have BTS1 you should go to the electric company and request a change or ask for explanation.

For the difference in a few pesos I'll leave well enough alone. It's like beating your head against the wall to get a bill straightened out.

One meter wasn't working right in September and they changed it. That apartment has had an estimated bill for the last 4 months and it's been wrong every time. They had no record of the change :ermm: so they estimated the bill at the highest rate. In a space of 5 days I had 3 crews and 2 supervisors come look at the new meter.

As of last Monday they still have not got a correct reading for this unit. I take the 10 readings :glasses: along with the meter reader each month. And he still gets them wrong so I take photos of the meters to back up my readings.

Feb 7, 2007
For the difference in a few pesos I'll leave well enough alone. It's like beating your head against the wall to get a bill straightened out.

One meter wasn't working right in September and they changed it. That apartment has had an estimated bill for the last 4 months and it's been wrong every time. They had no record of the change :ermm: so they estimated the bill at the highest rate. In a space of 5 days I had 3 crews and 2 supervisors come look at the new meter.

As of last Monday they still have not got a correct reading for this unit. I take the 10 readings :glasses: along with the meter reader each month. And he still gets them wrong so I take photos of the meters to back up my readings.

They cannot estimate usage just as they wish. They can estimate usage based on your last 3 months average usage. If you feel the estimate was too high, contact PROTECOM under SIE (Superintendencia de Electricidad)

Superintendencia de Electricidad Rep?blica Dominicana
Superintendencia de Electricidad Rep?blica Dominicana

CAUSAS MAS COMUNES PARA HACER UNA RECLAMACION.
12. CAMBIO DE TARIFA.
15. FACTURACION PROMEDIADA.

If you are right you most likely will win the case (they are pretty just) and they will order the electric company to give you refunds.

But to go to Protecom, you have to file a complaint with the electric company first. Get it in writing and deposit it with the electric company, get your copy signed by the officer with the date stamp or by writing the date and hour. If they do not respond in 10 days, file a complaint with Protecom, by attaching a copy of your complaint.

If you speak Spanish, on the afore-listed site(s) you can find all the information you need.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Bts2

I have just checked my most recent bill, I am on BTS2, what does that mean?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Usage over 700 kw

Whence cometh the EdeNorte decision to recalculate all usage charges at the highest rate, once you break the 700kw 'sound barrier'?????
There is nothing in the chart referenced in a prior post that suggests this.
Does anyone know if this is "legal" (whatever THAT means here), or just another example of how most things get done in the DR: try it and see if you can get away with it? Has anyone seen it 'written up' in a document of some kind?

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
It has always been that way.

They have always collected the full KWh at the highest pesos per KW once you go over 700KWh a month. (or whenever they read it).

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
YES, I have seen it writen up officially. 30 months or so ago I saw my electricity bills go soaring & checked the reasons why ...... paying at the highest rate on ALL units used once I went above 700 Kwts per month was the reason.

I had a solar panel installed (RD $64,000 at that stage) JUST to heat my water & this has kept me below the 700 Kwts usage each month. This unit has paid or itself now (4 months ago in fact) & I reckon I am now getting FREE hot water. I have only had three days of NO hot water in the last 2 years, this is when we had overcast weather for more than 4 days at a stretch!! ~ Grahame.