Cheapest way to ship a package

AimHigh

Jan 22, 2009
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I want to ship a package to Santo Domingo but I don't want to pay too much. I don't want to pay more than the actual cost of the item. I'm trying to ship a Jersey which weights maybe less than a pound and I paid $50 USD. I'm trying to ship it from San Antonio, TX but I could also have a relative ship it from Tampa, FL. I don't want to send it through the regular postal service since they tend to lose package. I'd rather use a private company.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) Does your person here have an account with any one of the delivery services?? Or does he have a friend with an account.
2) Where in the DR are you sending it? Often times they do not have these services i mentioned.

HB

Feb 7, 2007
There are several companies (delivery services) which they can choose from. EPS, Business Mail, Vimenpaq, etc.
Usually they charge an annual fee of 300-600 pesos (10-20 USD) but then you pay per pound, weight-based decreasing rate, you start at usually 160 to 180 pesos per pound (5 to 6 USD) and go down with per-pound rate as the weight increases.

There was one company in SD (I don't recall the name, but you can do DR1 search for these companies) which didn't charge the first annual fee.