Current Weather in Sos?a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hi All,

My wife is flying in to Pto. Plata airport this Saturday afternoon and is spending 2 weeks in Sos?a; I'm flying in a week later.

Looking at some of the posts today/tonight the indication is that the weather seems to be a bit "iffy"!!

Can anybody post how things are at the moment and what the forecast is likely to be over the next few days.

Thanks in advance.
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's winter. in winter it usually rains. then we have easter and it always rains for easter. then the rain season starts. it rains. then it's hurricane season. rains a lot. and then we have winter again... LOL
with the weather as it is now it seems doubtful it's ever sunny in DR. intellicast shows rain and showers as far as the eye can see but they are usually misleading, to say the least.
expect few days of rain and few of lovely weather. at least it ain't cold! :)
intellicast: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=DRXX0011

Last edited:

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
it's winter. in winter it usually rains. then we have easter and it always rains for easter. then the rain season starts. it rains. then it's hurricane season. rains a lot. and then we have winter again... LOL
with the weather as it is now it seems doubtful it's ever sunny in DR. intellicast shows rain and showers as far as the eye can see but they are usually misleading, to say the least.
expect few days of rain and few of lovely weather. at least it ain't cold! :)
intellicast: Intellicast - Sosua Weather Report in Dominican Republic

Thx for your insight, I'll pass the forecast on to Mrs. Reidy ... I'm sure she'll be "chuffed" to hear.

Regards

Reidy

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
seriously - the weather has been pretty bad recently. either rains or it's boiling hot.
keep on checking intellicast - "scattered showers" usually means "ok weather".

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Either rains or it's boiling hot, sounds darn good to me right about now, here in Philadelphia, where tomorrow, it will go a little above freezing for the second day in a row, wow.............Some people don't know when they have it GOOD .................

I'm sorry to interupt .....ENJOY

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Sos?a Weather

In the vernacular, it's been piddling cats & dogs for almost 24 hours now, Reidy. Tell Mrs. to bring wellie boots & brolly.

We have actually packed a couple of umbrellas to ward off "showers" but didn't think we would need them; no room left for wellies I'm afraid. We're glued to the web-cams that the Hotel Koaba has & keeping our fingers crossed/

Thanks for the info Lambada

Tropical regards

Reidy

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Can anybody post how things are at the moment and what the forecast is likely to be over the next few days.

Thanks in advance.
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

It's still raining "Cats & Dogs" been like this for about 2 days. Pack an umbrella and remember it can't rain forever.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
If needed..

Anyone on the North Coast that needs a place to stay due to water, power problems or ??? due to the storm. Let me know via PM and you are welcome to ride it out at our place in Playa Chiquita outside of Sosua; as our guests. Sep. apt. We are in good shape... just a little wet outside.

Good luck.

Reactions: catcherintherye

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
"A bit of a shower!"

Q ~ Apparently the Pto. Plata airport was closed because of the downpour(s). Does anybody know if it has re-opened yet?

By the sound of all the posts on the thread I think we'll both need to bring full diving gear rather than just a couple of brollies!!

Thanks in advance.
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Anyone on the North Coast that needs a place to stay due to water, power problems or ??? due to the storm. Let me know via PM and you are welcome to ride it out at our place in Playa Chiquita outside of Sosua; as our guests. Sep. apt. We are in good shape... just a little wet outside.

Good luck.

What an extremely generous and thoughtful offer you are extending to someone who may be in need - you omitted to say what a beautiful piece of paradise it is down there. Let's hope we all dry out soon.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Status
Not open for further replies.