Infant Car Seat

benna

Jan 30, 2006
Hello all, I used to live in Sosua and moved back to Canada about a year and a half ago. Man, I miss the warm weather.

I am returning for a two week visit on Jan. 29th and traveling with my 8 month old daughter. All by myself, so am trying to take as little as possible to make the flight and luggage situation with the baby managable.

One thing I am looking for is an infant seat in good condition to borrow from someone in the Sosua area. I have asked the only friends I have there that have babies but they have already sold the infant seat.

Anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone that would lend a carseat they are not using to a very reliable girl for two weeks? :squareeye

benna

Jan 30, 2006
No, but I know a lot of expats make their home there as well and most of them have the common sense to strap their kids in car seats!

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
our carseat was gifted to us when we bought our vehicle. it's a toddler seat that converts into a booster. funny part? the family who gave it to us? their kid is TWO MONTHS YOUNGER than our son! they told us "oh, she doesn't like it anymore."

benna

Jan 30, 2006
Ok, well perhaps carseats aren't as common as they should be...but if anyone could please keep their ears open or if you know of anyone in the Sosua area that could part with it for a couple weeks starting this Thursday, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Congrats, Benna, on your new(ish) addition!

You are likely already aware, but you are allowed to check your car seat either with your baggage or at teh door of the plane (up to you). I've found that travelling with my son, it was easiest to leave him in his seat as long as possible before boarding, and leaving the seat at the door.

Also, are you taking a taxi into town, or going with a tour bus? Car seat might come in handy...

If it were me (and it is, what with my new daughter), I'd just bring the car seat despite the additional loading and unloading stresses getting dropped off and picked up at the airport.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
benna

i am flying in with my 2 month old daughter alone soon too.

i am bringing the stroller & car seat & playyard along with our suitcases.

you can load the bags onto a cart at each airport & someone will help you with the loading & unloading i am sure.

the only awkward part will be pushing the stroller & the luggage cart but you can pay someone to help you with that.

i think its probably less hassle to do that then to figure out how to find a car seat when you get there :ermm:

sangria