best non All Inclus Hotel in Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Can anyone give me insight into a top non All Inclus in Puerto Plata?

Thanks

If you are a first time traveler to the DR or Puerto Plata, although I would stay in those hotels, you would not be comfortable in the Victorina or Mountain View. The other hotels mentioned in that post are all-exclusive's and it appears that is not what you are looking for.

PM me if you want my in site in to where to stay. I might add it serves no purpose for me because my place is full until the first of April 2009.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Think outside the box as well. No reason to limit yourself to a standard hotel.

If there is a group of you, you might want to look into renting a private villa in one of the gated communities in Sosua / Cabarete. Or look at renting a condo on the beach -- lots of beautiful properties on offer there as well.

I know that the Ocean Point project does short term rentals, as does Ocean Dream -- both of these projects have beautiful condos. Sea Horse Ranch has some amazing villas. Sure, they're expensive, but if you have a couple of families sharing a villa, the price per head becomes competitive. There are many more options available to you, but it will take some digging.

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
Mountain View Hotel

I have been to DR several times and speak fluent Spanish, would anyone recommend Mountain View Hotel for me? I just need a very clean, safe and comfortable spot for two nights..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.