gasolina

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me for sure if all gasoline in the DR is unleaded? Regular and Prem???

Thanks
Carib

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Gas

Doesn't any of our DR experts know the answer??????
I really would appreciate an answer about lead or unleaded gas?

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
Just going by the road signs for gas stations............it is advertised as regular unleaded, or Premium unleaded. No leaded gasoline advertised.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Doesn't any of our DR experts know the answer??????
I really would appreciate an answer about lead or unleaded gas?

Shell gas stations sell "Regular, Defenda (Premium) and Diesel. I have never seen or noticed a sign at the gas station stating the gas was unleaded. But I would think it is. There are many US cars driving around with catalytic converters, with which leaded fuel causes havoc. Then again, many Dominicans remove their converters. So I really don't know.

Sorry, but this is the best information I can give you.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Not any more

The sale and use of Leaded Gas in the Dominican Republic was to have been fazed out by 2001. There is no reason I'm aware of to believe it hasn't been.
Mack

bubba153

Jan 24, 2009
I believe the nozzle is a different size and wont fit in the tank if you are trying to use leaded in an unleaded car and vice versa. its a fail safe but then again this is the DR

carib

Jul 16, 2002
sin plomo

Does anyone know for sure?
I just asked at Texaco and they told me only premium is unleaded. On the pump only premium sign says sin plomo ?????? Regular ????

I sure hope someone knows for sure
thanks all
carib

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Does anyone know for sure?
I just asked at Texaco and they told me only premium is unleaded. On the pump only premium sign says sin plomo ?????? Regular ????

I sure hope someone knows for sure
thanks all
carib

"Regular" gasoline ought to mean the lower octane grade.
But yes, since some have red nozzles (as did old leaded had), I've also asked myself if it could be leaded.
I am also inclined to question the octane value difference of the "higher" grade "stuff".

... J-D.