"Violinist" on the Roof?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
More affectionately known as "Fiddler on the Roof"- is coming to Santo Domingo but there appears to be a discrepency between what is on DR1 and the dates posted outside the Teatro National. (How could this happen?:cheeky:?)

I have heard rumours that there is a government website where one can actually find the events that are going on about the country. Anyone know where that might be?

There is some sort of bizarre quality to the advertising here, where I continuously read in the papers about the wonderful concerts, gallery openings, and events that I could have/should have attended last night. If only I knew someone who knew someone who knew ..........

So if anyone can help with this-- please

I will have to do my usual and walk on by the Teatro.

will post when clear.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
There is some sort of bizarre quality to the advertising here, where I continuously read in the papers about the wonderful concerts, gallery openings, and events that I could have/should have attended last night. If only I knew someone who knew someone who knew ..........

I agree. I wish events were advertised more here.
Maybe DR1'ers can post more when they are in the know about different things.

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
Just a suggestion:-

Why doesn't DR1 start a 'What's On' section so that readers can post information they have regarding upcoming concerts/plays/exhibitions, etc.? There are so many different cultural activities that go on in the country that most DR1 members don't get to hear about. :cry:

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Yes the calendar lists the big events. But also the smaller cultural events and local events per region would be nice too.

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
I agree. If it were a new category in the forums section then it would be so much easier for members to share and update information, etc.

For example, there is no mention on the DR1 Calendar page of the Dominican Music Festival that took place at Sea Horse Ranch last weekend which was amazing and well worth going to.

Just a thought anyway..

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I agree. If it were a new category in the forums section then it would be so much easier for members to share and update information, etc.

For example, there is no mention on the DR1 Calendar page of the Dominican Music Festival that took place at Sea Horse Ranch last weekend which was amazing and well worth going to.

Just a thought anyway..

I agree!

Such as the parade that happened last holiday Monday.
Would have been nice to have some advanced notice here on DR1.
If people dont know they cant attend.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
apparently they do regular concerts at the aquapark in sosua according to sosua news- not sure how regular as its only been reopened a few weeks lol

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com