looking for friends :)

Ninus

Jan 20, 2009
;)
Hi everyone!
I am going to come to DR mid-April and thought i'd look up for nice people before i find myself there physically :)
i didn't find a proper thread, so i thought i'd drop a line here.
Is there a "place" where people "socialize"?
Thanx a bunch,
till then ;)
Nina
:p

Ninus

Jan 20, 2009
Thank you for your reply :)
yes, in Bavaro and Punta Cana...
i hardly can imagine how far they are, to be honest :)
Thanx again :)
Nina

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Thank you for your reply :)
yes, in Bavaro and Punta Cana...
i hardly can imagine how far they are
, to be honest :)
Thanx again :)
Nina

29ger1s.jpg

2a6jvk3.jpg

Reactions: margaret

Ninus

Jan 20, 2009
hahahah :))) you made me LOL :)~
wow!! that's so sweet of you, FernieBee! :)
i can see the maps online too, but time-wise i don't know how far Bavaro from Punta Cana, that's why i mention both of them :) they obviously are close to each other :)) hehehe
Thank you though! i appreciate your help :)
are you there now??
:))))

Picante

Jul 23, 2008
I am aiming to go to Bavaro in May. (Depending on my husbands employment.)
Keep in touch if you like! It'd be nice to have english speaking friends :)

Feb 7, 2007
Unless you go to Punta Cana Resort & Club, Cap Cana or Club Med, your hotel will be in the Bavaro area (or Uvero Alto, 1 hour north, check on that). It's about 20-25 kms from the first hotel in Cabeza de Toro (Catalonia, Sunscape) to the last one... (Barcelo Premium, Bahia Principe, Majestic)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeap, Rubio described the basically different areas in "Punta Cana/Bavaro".
the name Punta Cana is often used for the whole turism area here on the southern tip of the east coast.
locally named "Punta Cana" is the area around the airport with the hotels Club Med, Punta Cana Resort&Club, Tortuga Bay and the Cap Cana project.
from here northwards on the map the next area is Cabeza de Toro with the Catalonia, Oasis, Dreams Palm Beach and Natura Park, i live myself down here.
the next is the biggest part(most hotels) and named Bavaro, starting south with the Barcelo Beach Resort and ending north with the Barcelo Punta Cana Premium(yeap, PC and Bavaro are in the names of nearly all hotels, even when they are located in a neighboured area), and north of that we have finally the area named Uvero Alto with the Dreams Punta Cana(yeap, confusing names, typical sales strategy of resorts, lol), Sivory, Sirenis and Excellence.
if you are at any hotel in the above named "Bavaro" area good hangout spots on daytime within a short cabby ride and also reachable by public bus would be the bars/street restaurants at the "Plaza Brisas", Steve's Corner bar at the Plaza Bavaro, Posada de Piedra(also named the Fotobar) in El Cortecito.
welcome to the Isle
Mike

Ninus

Jan 20, 2009
Thanx Mike for your nice reply!
i ended up getting explanations about DR geography rather than finding the place to meet people online :) hehe
i'd love to chat with people before i go there, may be find friends to hang out when in Bavaro :)
Thank you for your warm welcome, anyways!
Nina