SDQ to Sosua

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Hi

I would like to find out about getting from SDQ (actually staying in Boca Chica) to Sosua. I doubt I'd want to bother renting a car so guess I'm looking for bus information.

How long does it take? I'm only in the DR for a week but would like to visit my cousin in Sosua (if I can find her). Is a one day trip doable? Or do I need two days?

Thanks all
Laura

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Hi

I would like to find out about getting from SDQ (actually staying in Boca Chica) to Sosua. I doubt I'd want to bother renting a car so guess I'm looking for bus information.

How long does it take? I'm only in the DR for a week but would like to visit my cousin in Sosua (if I can find her). Is a one day trip doable? Or do I need two days?

Thanks all
Laura

Laura,

First of all, welcome to DR1!

Search this site (the first blue bar at the top), and you'll find lots of info.

But to answer your question, it's a one-day trip, about 4.5 hours long after you get to the bus station in Santo Domingo.

From Boca Chica, take a cab to either Metro Tours or Caribe Tours. That should cost around $30-40 USD They're both bus companies that go to Sosua. Caribe leaves hourly, but has a few stops. It should cost you less than $10. Metro has express buses, but they cost a bit more and run less frequently. Both will drop you in Sosua, although Caribe lets you off just outside the touristy area, and Metro puts you in the middle of town.

Good luck :glasses:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........Is a one day trip doable? Or do I need two days?

Thanks all
Laura

It will take you around 5 hours from your hotel in Boca Chica to get to Sosua using the above posted information. I doubt you will want to return the same day. It will take two of your vacation days away from your trip. If you are not sure where your cousin is in Sosua you might want to reconsider.

dr.traveler

Jan 1, 2009
Here is another thought.

If you really want to visit Sosua and not waste too much of your vacation, you can always arrange your flight so that you fly into SDQ and fly out of POP. That way you only have to travel one way by bus, and it is only a little difference in price if you work out the days. Of course, with complaints about the exit customs in POP posted on DR1, you may want to do just the opposite.

You may even be able to get a lift, to the airport, and maybe a night stay with your relative.

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Thank you

Thanks very much for the useful information.

She runs a horse stable in Puerto Plata - not sure why I was thinking Sosua. I'll get directions from her before leaving.

Thanks again.