Salsa dancing in Bavaro

Ninus

Jan 20, 2009
Heya, everyone!
you seem to be very friendly and helpful here!
i was wondering if salsa dancing is very popular in DR and in Bavaro / Punta Cana in particular ( i was surprised that in Puerto Rico it is not that spread, so i thought i'd ask).
This is one of the reasons i am going to DR and am sooo looking forward to dance there a lot!
would love to hear your comments on this matter :)
Thanx a lot in advance!
Nina ;)

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
I think you'll find that in the DR, Merenque and Bachata rule. These styles are native to the country. Therefore, you're gonna see them a lot more than Salsa.

Salsa is danced there, but nowhere near as frequently as the aforementioned. You just have to be in the know. I'm sure someone familiar with Bavaro could tell you better.

In any case, the Salsa I've seen danced in the DR is a little different from how it's generally done in the States.

Vince.

Ninus

Jan 20, 2009
Thanx a lot for your reply :)
I can dance either one - i was wondering if there are clubs or may be studios with classes where i could join those who dance on a regular basis...
i know salseros and those who like latin dance normally stick together...
thanx again! :)
;)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Every time Gilberto Santa Rosa host a concert in Santo Domingo, they are always sold out!

-NALs

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
i know salseros and those who like latin dance normally stick together...
thanx again! :)
;)

I love salsa dancing too. But I am personally disappointed with the salsa scene here.
How many times have you been to the DR?
What country do you presently live in?
I have not seen a lot of salsa dancing here, and what
I have seen is different than the type I have seen in
Puerto Rico, Cuba, Canada and the USA.
You will see a lot more salsa dancing in Puerta Rico than
you will in the DR.

Just concerned that you might be disappointed in the dance scene, especially salsa, since you said dancing is one of the reasons you are coming to the DR.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Instead of Salsa dancng, I'm looking for some dancing salsa.

Here's one of the ingredients which would be required.
23w9tfl.gif