US to DR mail

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
How many day does the average mail take from the US to Sosua? What is the postal code for Sosua? Where is the post office in Sosua if the have one? Where can I purchase paper and envelopes in town?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Mail

There is no post office in Sosua. Closest one is in Puerto Plata and the work part time at best. Last letter we had mailed to us took 4 months. However others have had much better luck. I think it depends on the luck of the draw.
There are mail forwarding services available (EPS and Business mail) that take about 5-7 days.
Envelopes can be found in the office supply store on the other corner of Dr Rosen street by the Texaco.

Bob K

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
There is a post office depot in the small plaza in Sosua. It is in the corner of the plaza that also has the American Pool Supplies store, off the main street.

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
I live in the Capital and I use Mailboxes Etc with a Miami Address and pay by the pound. Takes 3 days from the time they deliver it to Miami. My daughter ships my meds every 90 days...its safer and less expensive than UPS, Fed Ex etc.

Regular Post Office from USA to Dominican Republic even the Capital is a hit or miss but more of a miss.

Good Luck

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Past month I mailed an envelope to the DR using the regular post office service here in the US, I paid $ 20. Bucks for ?certificated mail service? one week later my Mom received the envelope in Santiago.
GREAT SERVICE!!!! surprised

JJj:

Fuddzie

Dec 3, 2008
I went ahead an mailed some papers to business on Rosen this morning regular air mail from US. I guess it will get there by Christmas if it doesn't snow between Santo Domingo and Sosua.