deslinde

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Hello,

I have just sold a small piece of land from my finca. I was told that a recent law provides that a "deslinde" be done in order to hand title to the buyer for that particular piece of land. I was told 6 to 18 months and RD$100,000 from an agrimensor!!!!

I am not surprise with the timeframe, common here, but the cost is astronomical. The cheaper the property the higher this cost is compare to the purchase price.

Does this cost seem normal?

thank you

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hello,

I have just sold a small piece of land from my finca. I was told that a recent law provides that a "deslinde" be done in order to hand title to the buyer for that particular piece of land. I was told 6 to 18 months and RD$100,000 from an agrimensor!!!!

I am not surprise with the timeframe, common here, but the cost is astronomical. The cheaper the property the higher this cost is compare to the purchase price.

Does this cost seem normal?

thank you

40,000 is the norm for a small property. HOWEVER, it depends if there are GPS points nearby. If not and they have to establish them, 100 G's could be close. As for the time frame, it's realistic.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I paid, well am paying a local guy, here in Puerto Plata 45,000 pesos for a deslinda just for my house lot. He said it would take 6 months. We are into our 14 month.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I paid, well am paying a local guy, here in Puerto Plata 45,000 pesos for a deslinda just for my house lot. He said it would take 6 months. We are into our 14 month.
Sounds about right price-wise. How long ago did the surveyors take the measurements? If they did 13 months ago, you must be very close to getting a date for the hearing. They are seriously backlogged because of the increase in demand due to the Gov.'s policy changes. I would suggest you call your surveyor and ask him if he has a date for you. I think after 13 months he should.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
The survey was done about 5 months ago. Two weeks ago I was presented with another form to sign asking to renew an expired request for approval. This, I was told is because they were backed up. I'm hopeing that is the real reason. Though I'm in no rush I get fed up with waiting for no apparent reason.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Moments ago I learned from my neighbor that this guy performing our deslinda has dropped the ball again. In fact he has had to take him to Santiago and check on the documents 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Seems the guy just doesn't care. Its not that he is over worked, he is just doesn't care. Bad work ethic. Though cheaper then most and said he could do it in less time all is not true. His office is in Puerto Plata, if you need to know his name PM me. This is one guy you need to stay way from.

mi-casa-tu-casa.com

Apr 11, 2011
I'm looking for a reliable agrimensor

Just wondering if any of you have found a reliable agrimensor (surveyor). We have clients who need help in this regard. Thanks,
WMT