Business Mail crappy service

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I got a parcel from Business Mail that I wasnt expecting.

I wasnt expecting it because it was a stack of letters that arrived at Business Mail via US Postal service and Fedex between August and October 2008.

Inside were commission checks totalling over 1200 US from a company I have stopped doing business with because of supposed non payment.

So the money has been sitting at Business Mail for over 3 months.

Thanks Business Mail, and kiss my @ss!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It seems they have gone down the crapper, such a shame. Another example of a typical Dominican business winning a market share with good services and reasonable prices only to forget about customer service (and raise prices) when they think they have everyone by the you know what, pipo!

I have talked to them at various times about issues, even with the manager and you would think that working with foreigners would make them naturally a little more customer service friendly, but not so - all you get when you ask them a question is the typical "deer in the headlights look", ie no accountability nor interest in doing a professional job or God forbid asking them to think outside of the box.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Is EPS available on the North Coast or only in Santo Domingo? I went to their website and wasn't able to see fees. Are they posted?
Thanks in advance for any info. I'd be interested how their fees compare to Transexpress.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I gave up with business mail and moved to EPS, although generally my letters arrived without too many problems. I have had postal mail delivery issues with EPS, so be warned. Sometimes postal mail comes in 1-4 months late. Packages always arrive on time.

A friend in Santo Domingo told me that Vimenca is good, cheap and has email notifications about deliveries. I am not going to switch for now just because its a hassle. But if you're switching you may want to try vimenca before EPS.

Bigger picture: don't accept USPS checks from people - insist on wire transfers, checks sent directly to your bank in the US or fedexes only.