Do you know where Diamante Beach is????

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Certain people have talked to me about a beach on the North Coast somewhere around Playa Grande. It is called Diamante. Would someone be able to give me directions on how to get there from Cabarete. I know how to get to Playa Grande and I believe it is some 15 to 20 killometers further.
Thank you for your help.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a sign right on the road.

Interesting place, for sure. Thousands of little individual springs burbling up, giving the flat beach a wet look all the time.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Playa Diamante
Great view, but I think Playa Caleton is a much better place to be.
Don't remember the entrance.

244u0bs.jpg

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Wow – this place sounds fantastic!
How far do the springs go into the water – is it noticeable?
Are there any bars on that beach?

This is a definite must on our next trip!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Wow ? this place sounds fantastic!
How far do the springs go into the water ? is it noticeable?
Are there any bars on that beach?

This is a definite must on our next trip!
There are a couple of small streams that go into the water. But there atr literally ~thousands~ that burble ^up^ through the sand. And, yes, they are very noticible.

The beach itself is...meh...it's the geological anomoly that makes it interesting, IMO. And, yes, there is a small bar...

Here is a pick-up game of beisbol that just *happened* one visit to the beach. What started as two kids tossing a ball morphed into a competitive game, complete with umpires and cheering section...:bunny: :

BaseballBegins.jpg

The wet sand you see is the result of the underfeet springs...

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Playa Caleton de Cabrera

I have a house in Cabrera. The entrance to this beach is beside the entrance of orchid Bay just on your left side as you past cabrera gas station, just ask at the gas station where is Orchid Bay entrance, then ask the guards where you go in, it's awsome for snokling and no one selling you tourist stuff and super clean area, this rich lady has her workers clean the beach every two day. I don't know how to download my pics here. Give me your email or send me one at royallabelle@hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.