Sattar Qureshi (Shimmy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1

Jan 30, 2009
Hi All, This is my first posting and I came across this forum while searching for the above who I am trying to contact over a sum of monies paid to him in 2007 via his company Escue SL spain. I am based here in Marbella , Malaga, Spain and have been in business all my life and I must say Shimmy came across as a gentleman who has some very important contacts. My question is how would I go about pursing my monies from Shimmy , it's not a great deal but it's enough especially now in these difficult times. Thanks in advance to all who can assist.

Regards
Michael1

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am the person who was trying to visit him, but due to some complications in case, I was advised not to be in contact with the mentioned person. We are in DR and, here, everyone becomes a suspect in the case, especially if the authorities are looking for more info. I am also from pakistan so it might raise some eyebrows here and there. I do not know mr. shimmy, I was introduced to him via another dr1 member. I have only met him once because he showed some interest in having his lower back checked. I am a chiropractor in santiago.
So please, do not contact me as I have no info.
AZB

Michael1

Jan 30, 2009
Shimmy

Hi, I will not be contacting you but thank you for the replies, what I would to know is the name of his lawyer/defense team or lawyers who could me? Many thanks again.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hi, I will not be contacting you but thank you for the replies, what I would to know is the name of his lawyer/defense team or lawyers who could me? Many thanks again.

Whoops, my mistake AZB. I thought maybe you had visited quietly but were too modest to parade your good deed in public.

Michael1, since Mr Qureshi is a Swedish citizen, the person who ought to know who his lawyer is is the Hon. Swedish Consul. Address of Honorary Consulate of Sweden: Pablo Casals No.4, Piantini, Santo Domingo Phone: +1 (809) 616 3000 Fax: +1 (809) 549 6112 Email: dominicana@consuladosueco.com
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.

Usually Hon. Consuls won't give out any information about the current case unless you are a family member, but I don't see why they would have any objection to telling you who his lawyer is.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Whoops, my mistake AZB. I thought maybe you had visited quietly but were too modest to parade your good deed in public.

lambada, trust me, I didn't go to see him because of a very good reason. You have no idea what was cooking there for me. lets leave it at that.
AZB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
lambada, trust me, I didn't go to see him because of a very good reason. You have no idea what was cooking there for me. lets leave it at that.
AZB
"Trust" is a thing that takes time & effort by all parties concerned AZB. Lambada was correct to change this to "believe".

There are a lot of funny comments we could make here but due to the seriousness of your situation I will refrain from being frivolous!! Keep your head down & be safe - you may be a pain in the posterior at times but you are still a recognised DR1'er!! ~ Grahame. :ermm:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"Trust" is a thing that takes time & effort by all parties concerned AZB. Lambada was correct to change this to "believe".
~ Grahame. :ermm:

If my memory serves me right, I believe you (2) had your full trust in me when you came to visit me frequently in pop; you know for what. So its safe to say, I am a trust worthy guy. Have I failed you in any favor so far Mr. Bush? I hope not. ;)
AZB

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The papers have quieted down about this fella. If anybody has any articles in the media please inform us about this case.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org

I am sure you have already thought on this & taken the subsequent action but why not contact the newspapers that ran the story? They might well have this information on the reporters notebook & would be prepared to rease the information in exchange for anything further YOU could tell THEM!

Just a thought ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
what I would to know is the name of his lawyer/defense team or lawyers who could me? Many thanks again.

Sorry it has taken this long to find out for you, but the name of the lawyer is now in the papers - Manuela Ram?rez Orozco. She is the public defence lawyer. It would appear that Mr. Qureshi declared himself insolvent and thus is unable to afford to pay his own lawyer.

Estafa con acciones hotel

You will find the lawyer on this list here:
Oficina Nacional de Defensa P?blica

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have heard so much about lawyer sonia cabrera on DR1 and from the mouths of so many expats yet I am surprised to see no one even mention her name on this thread. She is also involved in the deal (according to the papers).
AZB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Holy cow (no pun intended for the Indian guy) that dude got taken to the cleaners big time. Now he'll spend a ton more money trying to take these people to court who of course "have no money" so in the end he won't get anything back...and as AZB mentioned what's up with this Sonia Cabrera lady who apparently got a nice chunk of the money and how come she's not in court with this guy.

If I was the Indian guy I would probably spend a few more pesos and have the guards at Najayo give him the Florian special.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It would seem that Mr Qureshi was claiming 'he had no money' ten years ago when others were litigating against him:
sheik

sheik2

Unlike AZB I hadn't heard of the lawyer Sonia Cabrera before the start of this year when the arrests were first made. I had heard of another lady lawyer with the same surname but a different first name (in Santiago). I think care must be exercised not to mix the two since they are two distinct people and the other lady has a very good reputation I understand.

What interests me, however, is that a country such as the DR has to foot the legal bill for a foreign defendant who alleges he is broke. He isn't even a resident here. Is the same done for Dominicans accused of crimes, particularly those who are genuinely impoverished?

The 'Florian special' - that terminology has to become urban legend, suarezn. :cheeky:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yep

What interests me, however, is that a country such as the DR has to foot the legal bill for a foreign defendant who alleges he is broke. He isn't even a resident here. Is the same done for Dominicans accused of crimes, particularly those who are genuinely impoverished?
part of the meranda In the US, don't know if the same here.
if you cannot afford a lawyer one will be provided for you

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Mr. qureshi is no push-over. I am sure he is playing his cards right. he was once listed as #16th richest man in pakistan. He didn't make all that money by being dumb. hahahaha. He has worked out something and I am sure he will walk free in the end. remember, money can buy anything here in DR, even people.
AZB

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I have this feeling that AZB knows a lot more than he's letting on. Come on primo spill the goods.;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i don't know anything about the case but there is always a probability that more goes on behind the curtains than what the media spills out to us. Shimmy is not a poor guy, he is a high roller and has lived the life of the rich and famous. He is connected with the presidents and politicians of many countries. He manages properties of billionaires in USA. He is no small fish. The authorities are probably asking him to slip some cash and I do not mean a few thousand dollars in bribes. Shimmy is no fool. He knows he can walk out for a lot less than what they are offering him. So lets wait and see how it all unfolds.
remember, this is only my guess because I have no real inside info on the case.
AZB

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
AZB, you sound like you are impressed with this guy somehow?

So what if he is connected to presidents and politicians.
If the guy is a crook then being a high flying crook is no mitigation.

I think you are the most Dominicanised expat I read about. And that is not a compliment.
You are genuinely impressed by a nicely cut suit more so that a decent set of morals?
- Then you leave yourself open to the confidence tricksters of this world.
Be careful with that.

I am sure that the people who know you like you for who, not what you are.
You seem to be impressed with what this guy is even though he would not have hesitated to take your good name, and money in an instant.

Screw him dude!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.