George Foreman Grill?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Ok. Lame question but does anyone know of a place in SDQ that sells a george foreman or similar electric grill? I had the biggest one they made but it is discontinued and finally up and died. I checked pricesmart and la sirena with no luck. maybe try plaza lama today.

I will buy a new one on a trip to the states etc but having even a smaller one until then would be cool.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I am not sure what city your are in, so I don't know if this helps.

I bought a similair big electric grill in Plaza Lama a few months ago. This is the Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo East on Carretera Mella at Charles Degaulle intersection.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am not sure what city your are in, so I don't know if this helps.

I bought a similair big electric grill in Plaza Lama a few months ago. This is the Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo East on Carretera Mella at Charles Degaulle intersection.

I am in santo Domingo and will check with Plaza Lama on 27 and then head out to Carettera Mella if I don't have any luck. Thanks!!!!

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
I saw one at Plaza Lama on 27 de Feb. about 2 months ago (in late Nov or early Dec). This, of course, after I hauled one back from the US after looking for one since May!

It was about US$20 more than what I had paid in the States.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
or gonzalez - check for ease of cleaning and ability for fat to drain into a container and not onto the floor

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I think I had seen one somewhere in one of the big places in Santo Domingo.
If you can't find it easy, it's always a good item to get off e-bay.

BUT... the problem I see with a lot of these electric grills and toasters is, that depending on where you are on the island, they may not work properly because the voltage under load can drop to 80 Volts at times.
We've celebrated some of the lamest cheese raclets and I have virtually given up on expecting my toaster do anything but drying my bread instead of giving it that nice toasted look and smell.
Besides, all these toys are Watt guzzlers. Many kitchens have their outlets wired OFF the inverter circuit on purpose, because many typical kitchen items, like fridges and microwaves are too heavy a load on the batteries.

... J-D.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Besides, all these toys are Watt guzzlers. Many kitchens have their outlets wired OFF the inverter circuit on purpose, because many typical kitchen items, like fridges and microwaves are too heavy a load on the batteries.

... J-D.

Right on the money JD. One of these electric grills will drain your batteries pronto. Same as a clothes iron.

I also damaged my inversol by using a hand held power drill. I didn't expect that to happen.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
man, the biggest problem with those (i have one myself) is that maids want to scrub it clean. and sure as hell they scrub off the teflon, or whatever it's called....
as for the inversor - we connected the fridge but one cannot connect microwave, electric kettle, iron, grill or any other thing that generates heat. nor washing machine, uses up too much power.