UFC 94 GSP - BJ Penn - Where on the north coast?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Where can we see UFC 94 in Cabarete? Jose oshays? Downwinder, somewhere else?

Or in Sosua at Eddies?

Thank u in advance.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
If this is the Ultimate Fighting thing then Eddies bar in Sosua screens the Big fights! Depends if they have any more important hockey on.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
A bunch of us watch it at Eddie's whenever it's on. When there isn't some B league cricket game or a soccer game nobody cares about, it's on the big screen. Otherwise, it's on the tv's over on one side of the bar.

If you see us there (a group of about 6 or 7 guys, some of us with cauliflour ears) yelling at the tv, come say hi. I'm Joe, the tall Canadian in the middle of it all with a Presidente in hand sweating bullets.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I know you lot, loud bastards yes? lol.
Always checking out my mrs when she goes to the toilet, yes?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
A bunch of us watch it at Eddie's whenever it's on. When there isn't some B league cricket game or a soccer game nobody cares about, it's on the big screen. Otherwise, it's on the tv's over on one side of the bar.

If you see us there (a group of about 6 or 7 guys, some of us with cauliflour ears) yelling at the tv, come say hi. I'm Joe, the tall Canadian in the middle of it all with a Presidente in hand sweating bullets.

So who is winning? I have bet 100 dollar on GSP (odds 1,5) and 50 dollar on Silva versus the karate guy (odds 3,50).

Any comments about the betting from the cauliflour experts? :)

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
You'll have to be more specific about your Mrs. Actually, no you won't -- most of the guys there are equal opportunity oglers between fights and booty-blind during the fights. So if your Mrs. went to the loo between fights, then yeah, that was likely one of us (although not me, having been casado-ed and castrado-ed a few years back ;) If she goes during the fights, I doubt anyone would notice if she were on fire.

Every book in the country has BJ the underdog in this fight, but his fans seem to be moving the line to make it seem he's more competitive than he is. My friends and I are split on this one. I have GSP winning this one handily.

I also have lyoto machida winning a VERY exciting fight and I expect Fitch to beat the snot out of Gono in a grinding, punishing mauling.

Diaz, unfortunately, beats Guida in lightweight and says some dumb, barely intelligible ghetto nonsense in the post-fight interview as per usual.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
You'll have to be more specific about your Mrs. Actually, no you won't -- most of the guys there are equal opportunity oglers between fights and booty-blind during the fights. So if your Mrs. went to the loo between fights, then yeah, that was likely one of us (although not me, having been casado-ed and castrado-ed a few years back ;) If she goes during the fights, I doubt anyone would notice if she were on fire.

Every book in the country has BJ the underdog in this fight, but his fans seem to be moving the line to make it seem he's more competitive than he is. My friends and I are split on this one. I have GSP winning this one handily.

I also have lyoto machida winning a VERY exciting fight and I expect Fitch to beat the snot out of Gono in a grinding, punishing mauling.

Diaz, unfortunately, beats Guida in lightweight and says some dumb, barely intelligible ghetto nonsense in the post-fight interview as per usual.

Yeah we will see.

I was going to bet on machida, then I saw 3,5 for silva... 3,5 is always good odds for a murderer.. 1,3 for machida...Spike, channel 91, been showing some nice prefight-programs

Last edited:

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Well, yeah, the line will determine where your money goes, no matter who the favourite is. I was trying VERY hard to put down some $ on Serra for Serra v GSP 1. People thought I was nuts, as GSP was the prohibitive favourite, but at 10:1? With Serra's heavy hands and excellent ground work? Too bad I couldn;t put it down on my credit card and no one was taking action on the UFC in town, or I'd be up 10K on that particular bet. And I'm a big fan of GSP's. Don;t know how I would have told him that I bet against him next time I saw him, but some things are better left unsaid. ;)

I am actually really looking forward to Machida in this fight. This is a fantastic matchup with a wrecking ball taking on an elusive counterstriker (expect to hear rogan use the word 'elusive' until your ears bleed). If Silva can cut off the ring (hard to do v machida) and make this a brawl, he wins it easily. If Machida can frustrate and pick apart Silva from the outside, forcing Silva to over extend to reach him, it will be a long walk back to the dressing room for Silva. This is the kind of matchup that may not be full of highlight reel stuff, but is compelling to the MMA fan. Style v Style, finesse v blunt trauma, movement v aggression. Can't wait!

PS: My predictions for GSP / Penn? Expect to see a lot of leg kicks from GSP from the outside and GSP abusing his reach advantage and superior distance control to frustrate the counterpunching Penn. If Penn gets too close, look for a quick transition to takedown from GSP followed by some careful ground and pound and passing to half-guard. GSP will not sit in the pocket with Penn. Expect a lot of in and out movement from GSP.

If Penn defends the takedown, he will end up against the fence, where GSP will lean on him and stay busy enough to keep the action from being broken up, all the while sapping Penn;s cardio.

If this fight makes it out of the second, expect GSP to turn up the pressure AKA 'riddum' and out-work and out-aggress Penn, who will be looking to conserve his diminishing energy and pick his counters.

If this fight goes to decision, I will be gobsmacked.