I want to be president...

jyfeliz

Feb 3, 2008
So Im always reading the threads but have not posted for a while.
I hope my question does not annoy anyone.

I was born in DR, and came to U.S when I was 10. I spent my h.s years reading about D.R history and trujillo. I am now in college studying engineering(yes i know, its not politics) I want to become president in D.R but one I am a female, and two I dont live in the country.

I was wondering what you guys think, or what advices you would suggest? Am I dreaming too much?

thanks,
Jyfeliz

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

I was born in DR, and came to U.S when I was 10. I spent my h.s years reading about D.R history and trujillo. I am now in college studying engineering(yes i know, its not politics) I want to become president in D.R but one I am a female, and two I dont live in the country.

I was wondering what you guys think, or what advices you would suggest? Am I dreaming too much?

thanks,
Jyfeliz

Si se puede!!!!!!

good luck

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Probably a good idea to plan to come back here. Probably a good idea to just intend to serve the country. Lot's of college kids here want to go into "politics" - but usually because it is one of the shortest ways to wealth. But hold fast to the dream..

Mar 2, 2008
What is your vision for the future of the DR?

What do you want to accomplish as president?

How do you propose to accomplish it?

I wish you luck, and I hope you have some firm ideas about how your role as president would benefit the country.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

thanks,
Jyfeliz

Come here and start networking first. Maybe choose a career that might help you better to prepare for president than engineering.

Nov 25, 2008
to pertsure your dream you have to be in a circle, a circle of thieves and liars, willing to steal from the poor to fill your pockets and also the pockets of your "high end" supporters, if not, your dreaming.

In the states its an honor to say that you work for the government, here saying that ....lets put it this way, I rather be a bank robber than say that I work for the government.

government workers are known for only filling their pockets and NOT working for the citizens, some very few exceptions; I say this because I have friends and relatives in the government.

Nov 25, 2008
catcherintherye, no one has firm ideas just empty promises, if jyfeliz thinks of implementing US systems in the DR, well you know the results,

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Talvez ella tiene la suerte que tuvo nuestro actual precidente, que encontro un padrino ( Balaguer) que lo llevo al trono precidencial, pues a principio de los anos 90 a este senor no lo conocia nadie en la REp. Dom. segun tengo entendido al igual que ella el se formo en los E.U. y regreso para formar filas en partido de govierno osea que no tuvo que pasar por el tiguerage al que se enfrentan la mayoria de los candidatos preciales de nuestro pais.
I hope your Spanish is good for this position!

Good luck!!!

I'll vote you....

JJ

Mar 2, 2008
"I'll vote you...."

I do not wish to be rude, but based on what? The fact she is a woman? Is that reason enough to vote for someone?

You haven't heard her platform, her vision, her approach to government, or anything else that is relevant and pertinent to holding any office, particularly the office of president.

Come on, hopefully we have moved beyond that kind of thinking.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Congrats on your goal! Hope it's not for personal gain, but to improve the lives of la gente.

Plan to move to DR soon. If you have any friends or family that have a lot of networking contacts, now is the time to use them. If you don't, that should be a paramount, ongoing goal.

Read everything you can.

Get involved in your community.

Get a job that allows you an opportunity to provide services/assistance to the people in whichever area you live in.

Get involved in your political party, if there's one you feel represents your views.

Get more involved in your community.

Run for a low-level office. It will help create a platform for you to move on to other things.

Understand you're no longer a private person, but a public official. That's like being a company, which means getting good press matters. If you help a little old lady across the street, make sure they report it in the papers.

Find allies. They can be altruistic folk, or all about the Benjamins, but you'll need help. A lot of it.

Finally, understand that some of the above may turn you into a different person, in some ways better, in some ways worse. Be prepared for that.

But above all, never stop believing you can make a change.

Good luck,

DRob:glasses:

jyfeliz

Feb 3, 2008
wow i didnt expect this many responses =D

my best friend says that i cant be afraid of failing and so if I fail at getting elected, my backup would gladly be engineering.
I was thinking going to law school after engineering. I do have my ideas but I wont lie, most are some what general, but I am only 18.

I do not plan on implementing US systems in the DR

to bachata:
when i first read Pres. Fernandez's bio I was like oh asi fue lol.
and my spanish yo trate de leer en espa?ol de tiempo a tiempo, pero todavia se puede mejorar

DRob:
the most networking I guess I have is my grandfather when I lived in D.R. ayudo con la campa?a de hipolito very little though(mistake right lol) and he actually came over our house. But I think my grandfather gave up on politics. and what else? Oh my grandfather's brother is the mayor of La Vega, but I am not sure if that really is the type of networking.
Thanks for all the advice, The reason why I posted is because I wanted to hear your thoughs (as well as criticisms) and since I am still young I am still able to implement certain things.
I do not know when I would go back to D.R. perphaps it would be smart to study law there, instead of here.

pero si comienza con un sue?o, o no?

jyfeliz