Quick lunch in PC ??

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Hi,

Anyone know where a person can get a nice lunch on the beach while waiting for a flight out of Punta Cana ?, we are only in transit and have about two hours to kill & do not want to travel far from the airport,,, Have not been a guest at any of the resorts there. Thanks , Much appreciated.....

lt

Reactions: MikeFisher

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi,

Anyone know where a person can get a nice lunch on the beach while waiting for a flight out of Punta Cana ?, we are only in transit and have about two hours to kill & do not want to travel far from the airport,,, Have not been a guest at any of the resorts there. Thanks , Much appreciated.....

lt

I like Captain Hook in Bavaro. You can pick your lobster, any size.

Like 30USD to the airport.

Enjoy!

mandyherfst

Jan 13, 2009
www.conexiontour.com
I don't think you 'll have enough time to have lunch on the beach. It is approx. 30 minutes drive from the airport, one way. You can go in front of the airport to the mall La Bolera where you can eat something. No special restaurants but it is a nice place to spend some time and close to the airport (3 minutes!)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if allowed to leave the transit area(usually not) the above mentioned Plaza Bolera in the Punta Cana Village(across the street from the airport) is a good place. it is not on a beach, but the italian restaurant there on the main street near the entrance makes top pizzas, it is nearby.
in addition to the 1hr roundtrip driving time to a beach restaurant in bavaro you would need to add the waiting time before you get your meal served after ordered, an other 30 minutes is far not out of the ordinary there.
Mike

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
restaurant is called - Mama Luisa - close to airport (airline crews sometime are seen there). good homecooking - italian food. She used to run and cook at La Yola.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You need to go to Pizzarelli next door for pizza, though. Mamma Luisa has great food, good service, and is a bit on the pricey side. Also at Plaza Bolera is the Portuguese place which I've never tried, also pricey, and Brot, the bagel place.

Speaking of La Yola, it wouldn't take you too long to get there, but it's not the sort of place where you want to be eating against the clock. I had lunch there earlier this week and it is outstanding on all counts.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's why i did not tell about la Yola Chiri, right, it is not a place to grab some food quickly7 on the way. of course top service and top food, top prizy, too, but it's said you get what you pay for, ha ha.
where exactly at the plaza is the Portuguese place/name?, i did not knowthat one, yet.
the pizzarelli pizzas are always the kiddies hit when we have a kiddies birthday around, yeap, i am a kid, too in case of pizza and ...
Mike

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Thanks to you all,, Turns out that had a Typical airline day, flight into PC was late so ended up fighting to get on the flight out as they said the gate was closed. But all the info above is stored for the next time around when I pass through PC.

have a nice evening !!

lt