El Limon Waterfall By Horseback

jcf

Dec 18, 2008
Anybody done the horse ride up to the waterfall lately that can give me some advice on a specific issue? I've read that the trail is rocky and muddy that some walking is required, and I'm wondering whether I need to pack my hiking boots or if tennis shoes will do. I sure hate to pack the extra weight and bulk for my trip if I don't have to.

catch

Apr 25, 2007
I did it in oct. no walking or hiking .fairly long donkey ride on some steep passes .Waterfall was nice,bring a swim suit if you like cold water , have fun

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
Tennis shoes will do, flip-flops won?t. There are 2 ways (behaps there?re also some more?) up to the waterfalls.

The first one behind El Limon is very rocky and much work for a horse - especially when id had rained before. But you?ll have nice views over the sea up to the Isla Limon and the waterfalls. At its end you?ll reach a bar, from where you have to walk down (but climb up ;)).

The second way is the easier one. When you leave your horse you?ll have only to climb down a bit and there you are!

Saludos (and sorry for my bad English)

jcf

Dec 18, 2008
10-4 on all. Looks like I'll skip 3 lbs of boots. I don't want to give AA a chance to charge me an extra 50 bucks on my bag that they've already charged me 25 bucks to check. Thanks for the replies. I'm on my way soon.