Santo Domingo to Boca Chica Taxi Rate

jcf

Dec 18, 2008
I've looked through the pages of web postings and not found this simple question, so pardon me if its a repeat.

The LP Guide says the taxi fare between Santo Domingo and Boca Chica is $23. Is that what I can expect, travelling from the Metro or Caribe bus terminal in Santo Domingo to my hotel in Boca Chica?

princess23

Jan 29, 2009
It could range anywhere from 23$-30$ i would say.. but i've heard that taxis in santo domingo usually charge anywhere from 800-3000 pesos to go to resorts/hotels... i guess it all depends where exactly your going!

jcf

Dec 18, 2008
OK, thanks for the reponse. Looks like quite a range. If anyone else has made this transfer lately, let me know what a fair taxi charge should be.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
25 is the usual rate from the cap to BC. If you dont have a ton of luggage the guagua is only about 40 pesos. but that is pretty much only back pack. Spend the 25 usd first. Get to BC and then learn how to use the guaguas. If you speak minimal spanish it is pretty easy to figure out....just know the rate and have exact cash and know where you want to get off.

bon voyage!

jcf

Dec 18, 2008
Thanks all.

I do have luggage and, being my first trip there, I'm willing to pay $25 for the cab convenience. If this trip turns out good enough for return visits, I'll eventually learn to go the cheaper way.

thomasLI

Feb 4, 2009
Are you landing at las americas airport? If so $25 is right, and its only 15 mins. away. Santo Domingo is further west, about 30 mins, depending on traffic. By the way when will you be going? I will be there 2/25-3/2 for a short stay.
good luck