Puerto Plata New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2007
I speak English, French and some Inukituk (Inuit langauge of the Far North)
and am working on Spanish but it is slow going.
Santa
BTW I didn't learn Inuktituk because of the nickname My daughters are all Inuit by birth and are fluent in the language.

Mar 2, 2008
I meant no disrepect, d. I'm struggling with Spanish myself. I learned French early in life so a lot of it stayed with me, but at my age languages become much more difficult to learn, particularly Dominican Spanish.

I do find that reading Spanish text helps, so I usually struggle through with reading it myself, and then check it with Google. Often my interpretation is as good, or even better than theirs, but it gives me an idea about how I'm doing.

Mar 5, 2007
Thanks Catcher;
Iwas not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just making a point that I'm trying to learn the lingo but am having a hard time.
I guess taking all the meds I do to counter pain is not helping in the brain (or lack there of ) dept.
That reading Spanish does sound like a good idea and I'll definitely give it a shot
Santa

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
While everyone with a serious interest in the DR should certainly learn Spanish (and I am endeavouring to do so), the aspect that has not been mentioned is that it would be in the interest of the city and province of Puerto Plata to offer an English version. The site presumably exists to offer useful information and to promote the city and province. The tiny extra cost of having an English version as well would surely soon be repaid as English speakers (and those using English as a "lingus franca") are those best placed both to invest in the area and to spend money on occasional visits.

M

Markf128

It would only help to take the time to learn Spanish. Yet, at the mean time, it would not hurt if there was an Englih, French, and German version of this site.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Can I suggest that once that website gets its contacto button working (doesn't appear to be at the moment) that those of you who want it in a different language drop them a note (in English would be ok I would think). If the person volunteering to do this would like to identify themself on this thread, that would be helpful.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
those using English as a "lingus franca"
Oops! I meant "lingua franca". Must have had my mind on something else at the time :eek::

Status
Not open for further replies.