De Lancer's new digital cable network

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I popped into De Lancer's yesterday to pay my bill and bumped into the man himself. I've always found him to be an amenable character so I stayed and had a chat with him. I was his first ever internet customer and I've always been satisfied with the service.

I told him about this forum. He had never heard of it. I told him that this is where all the gringos whinge when the channels get changed or the service goes down.

He told me about his new digital service which he hopes to roll out in the next four or five months. There will be three levels of service. The basic package where you will get about 200 channels. The channels will be laid numbered according to language and genre. For example we will get both BBC 24 and BBC America next to each other.

Next there will be a High Definition service and the premium will be a High Definition service with a built-in PVR (personal video recorder). You will be able to pause and rewind live TV and set recordings from an on screen program guide.

I don't know about subscription prices as yet. I would expect a hike on current ones. You will also have to change your set top boxes and probably pay a premium for the HD or PVR ones, but nevertheless, this is exciting stuff.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
In the short term I would be happy if he could consistently supply ABC NBC and CBS.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Last week we didn't have NBC. Then, because of the Superbowl the missing channel became CBS. It seems that one of the 3 needed to be missing and if anyone can figure out why, it would be great to know. But very grateful that the change was made and we got to watch the Superbowl on NBC.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I don't know about subscription prices as yet. I would expect a hike on current ones. You will also have to change your set top boxes and probably pay a premium for the HD or PVR ones, but nevertheless, this is exciting stuff.

Paying extra for all the fancy schmancy stuff makes sense....if they can figure out how to keep it working! Nothing worse than increased fees for decreased service - which is exactly where we are at now! :tired:

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Paying extra for all the fancy schmancy stuff makes sense....if they can figure out how to keep it working! Nothing worse than increased fees for decreased service - which is exactly where we are at now! :tired:

I agree, I have waited 2 weeks for repair to the cable outside and then longer when they had to replace the box. He supplies internet also through a company here called "COMCAST", they are NOTHING to do with Comcast US.