How can I make my future wife a citizen?

L

Larry Pruett

I am from the Unites States. My future wife is from Russia. We love each other very much. We are going to be togther in Dominian Republic during Christmas week and we want to get married. The American makes this very hard for us. But I was wondering if a family can have her stay with and how easy it would be for her to add time to her visa. Then could she become a citizen then come and just visit the U.S. and we can get married with her arrival to St Louis? I really like someone to give me advise and someone could have this sweat Russian in their home. She knows very little English. I am the only American she feels good to speak English too. She know no Spanish at all and niether do I. someone please help. we will travel to DR on December 23. My pager number is 314.990.9226. Only leave a voice message.

Larry Pruett

E

Eddy

That seems like a big contract. She will be able to add time to her visa without any major problem however becoming a citizen is another story. Even if she eventually becomes a DR citizen (4 years or so) it will not by far assure her of getting a visa to the USA. Have a good time in the DR. Go back to Russia with her, marry her there and bring her to the USA,

R

Ray Modesto

Larry,

Before she becomes citizen of the US of America she have to become permanent resident. It would be easier for you to married her in Russia or wherever you can get married and then start the process of petitioning her.

Once you summit your application to the INS it won't be long for her to be with you in St. Louis But you would have to summit the INS application from Russia if I am not mistaken.

All you need is the follow:
Married Certificate
Birth Certificate for both of you
Proof of ziticenship (Copy of your US Passport or birth cerificate), income, address, etc. (Yours Larry)
Pictures (Can't remember how many)
and just fill out the following applications (Form - G-325A & Petition of Alien Relative), which you can just download of the INS web site, request it by mail or go to your local INS office and pick it up.

If you summit all of the above it won't be long for your future wife to be with you in St. Louis.

PS. You should contact an Immigration Lawyer for better and more accurate information on your individual case.

Good Luck on that!
The Dominican Republic will not be the easier and faster way to get her legaly into to the USA.

Ray Modesto

B

Ben

Larry ask your goverment how it would work or else migrate to Canada

S

Sarah

Re: You have E-mail Eddy:)eddy@sportsmail.com

Roberto,

Please email me. Your email 'roberto28@altavista.com' doesn't work.

~Sarah

G

Greg

The only reasonable way to get her a visa to live with you in the US is a fiancee visa (K-1). If you follow other's advice and marry her outside the USA, you are adding a year or more on to the process.

As far as having her become a DR citizen so she can migrate to the US, if that is what I understand you to be asking, that is downright crazy. If you think that getting a visa from the DR to go to the US is any easier than from Russia, you are wrong. The DR is one of the most difficult countries to get a visa from. I speak from experience.

Do to your local INS office and tell them that you need the forms for a K-1 fiancee visa. This is the only way to go.

Good luck

J

Julio Lopez

I know what you are trying to do and
the fact is that you want to have her
with you as soon as possible in St Lois.

I think that you are going the right way
and since you said that you would just have
her visit the U.S I do not think that she would have
a problem getting a tourist visa from her husband
homeland, but you sould ask the U.S imigration
to be better informed about getting visa for her
i do not think it would be hard since you are an american...

Good Luck