Great news!!!

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
Everyone can ignore the last post i made. We just checked our email and it says they need nothing more than for him to drop off his passport as soon as possible.

Time line

July 19, 2008 submitted papers to Mississauga
August 19 Accepted as a sponsor
November 11 In Process
Feb 2, 2009 Dropping off pasport

It was 6 months Jan 19. Our process is just about complete. Will write complete timeline when the visa is in his hands..

WOO HOO!!!!!

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
congrats Sherri! You are very lucky. That was very fast! I hope they get the visa into your husbands hands quickly!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
congratulations sheri!

that is fantastic news & hope for the rest of us with similiar timelines!!

you must be so excited!!

sangria

Johana

May 24, 2006
Congratulations!!! Will you be moving back soon or waiting for the warm weather? :)

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Nice....hopefully many will follow. That is awesome and hope all the best for your guys!

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Congrats Sherri!!!!

Just a quick question....has your online status updated at all? I check daily (sometimes twice :) )

Hopefully this is the beginning for all of us waiting

Last edited:

Moar

Jan 28, 2008
Congrats Sherri!!

Did they email you or your spouse?
I pray we all get a positive response soon!!!
Moar

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
Thanks to everyone!..I hope that everyone in the process get something soon. The call was made to our house on monday(we live together) we were not home. They called both our cell phones, we forgot them at home. So later that day they sent an email to my husband. Which we didnt check until the day after, what a surprise! No interviews for him ..he only needed to drop his passport which he did on tuesday.

I believe a few reasons why we got approved sooner is..we sent originals from the beggining of our Marriage Certificate & Birth Certificate. We honestly didnt send alot of proof of relationship. Maybe 80 pics in total as well as my passport showing entry and exit stamps since 2005. However, we lived together since june 2007. So i think that was the Biggest factor. Then in October our son was born, i let them know right away. When i got his birth certificate less than two weeks after he was born we got his passport and went right back to DR. The beggining of January we sent to Haiti the babies original BC and holiday pics and again our updated passport stamps for the babies entry to DR. That was everything. They never did ask for any more proof of anything. Stay ahead of the game.

If anyone has any questions...go ahead and ask. No problem..

P.S. YEAH!!!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Sherri,

just saw your post in the completed timelines - congratulations again!
Good luck with the move back.

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Sherri,
Congratulations!!! You must all be so excited!
What is the timing of the visa? What is the date that he must leave the country by?