Haina to Playa Palenque And Return

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I may have to travel from Playa Palenque to Haina and return several times. In the past I have always gone through the center of San Cristobal and taken the secondary roads. In the hope of doing it faster I was thinking of using Route#6. Does anyone have experience in doing this and is it a good idea to save some time? What is the approximate travel time? What are the best exits to use? Thanks in advance for any help.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Palenque to Haina

I may have to travel from Playa Palenque to Haina and return several times. In the past I have always gone through the center of San Cristobal and taken the secondary roads. In the hope of doing it faster I was thinking of using Route#6. Does anyone have experience in doing this and is it a good idea to save some time? What is the approximate travel time? What are the best exits to use? Thanks in advance for any help.

Coming from Palenque the fastest way is to take the road to Nigua - that's the first right turn after Playa Najayo {if you go straight the road takes you to San Cristobal}. Just keep going straight, and when the road ends make a right turn - takes you straight into Haina

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
How Long?

Thanks AlterEgo- can you give me an estimate of how long that trip should take? I need to drop off/pick up someone at work at the port. Thanks

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Probably 30-40 minutes, little or no traffic, but lots of 'sleeping police'/speed bumps. If it's at night be sure to lock your doors and don't stop for anyone/anything.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Good News

Thanks AlterEgo. That is good news and will be a little quicker than I thought. I will avoid driving after dark but my pickup in Haina could be as late as 6 PM so I may be on the road right at dusk. I will be vigilant and take the precautions you suggested. Thank you for your help.